Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ferretti preview Monaco

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    I think it was a 165
    Q.E.D.
    Markc will be pleased to read that!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    A great excuse for jumping straight into the 920, if I've ever seen one!
    Go ahead J, you know you want to.
    And I for one would love to follow an IT-based build thread...
    Haha! It’s a big ship mm, though very nice. RPH is especially nice feature. It’s big tho, and €7m with a good spec.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Haha! It’s a big ship mm, though very nice. RPH is especially nice feature. It’s big tho, and €7m with a good spec.
    I was told it fits under the 24 M LL rule - nose cone + bathing platform bolts on after the “ surveyor “ has been

Yes it does, but that’s an assumed feature of any sensible boat in the 85-95 foot bracket. I just meant physically big for an owner driver and it takes me to needing 3 crew in the summer.
    It has 9000 litres of fuel and 2x2400hp which is exactly pro rata to 6750litres and 2x1800, unfortunately.
    Very very nice boat when you step on board though.

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    I was told it fits under the 24 M LL rule
    Indeed, as jfm already confirmed.
    Actually, I was told that also the 960 does, but at first sight she looks nowhere near as nice as the 920.
    And for that kind of money, expecting to get a thing of beauty on top of some plastic and iron is rather reasonable, I reckon...

Great photos Porto. The sky looks well moody in some of the pics were they shot in one day or over the weekend?

The reason why I raised the spectre of the owner / driver malarkey is that the Ferretti guys told me quite a few owners ( with Family crew ) actually take them out with out hired hands and that option is important .

The conversation started on the Itama 75 , where I said something along the lines of “ this will need crew to operate “ .....
    To be told quite a few sold have been owner operators then the guy went on to say there stuff up to around 90 something too .
    Of course ideally a skipper and hostess(s) are perfect , but not necessary that was the msg that came back .
    A lot of Italians only boat for a few summer weeks and the boats placed in a hanger for 10 months for example.
    So reliance on young flaky seasonal crew with all that comes with that reliability wise ?

I suppose time off , sickness , there leave ,or a bust up or what ever it’s nice to know the crew have zero leverage in terms of the boss / owner blurting “ it’s my way or the highway “ .Not suggesting that kinda indispensable treatment of hired help is something to be proud of btw , but I image it if there’s a whip involved I would like to know at the start that all parties know who holds which end so to speak .

Would imagine the dynamics change ( happy to be corrected ) once above the magic 24 M LL , with regards to crew ??
    It gets more serious and hassle ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Great photos Porto. The sky looks well moody in some of the pics were they shot in one day or over the weekend?

Over the WE , the Alps tip into the Med around Monaco / Menton .
    It can be blue sky 10 miles either side .Or 10 mins later !
    You know what they say .....
    “ Shady place for sunny people “ or is it “ Sunny place for shady people “ ........... it’s sometimes hard to figure out which way round that should be
    Last edited by Portofino; 09-09-19 at 17:59.

Great to see some pics of some boats that I don't see in the UK - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    The conversation started on the Itama 75 , where I said something along the lines of “ this will need crew to operate “ .....
    To be told quite a few sold have been owner operators then the guy went on to say there stuff up to around 90 something too .
    I see quite a few 75, owner operator and one crew deck hand.
    Testone used to run with one crew deck hand. Testone is the one seriously damaged in Rapallo storm and previously owner had a Magnum 60 Furio.

Still I do think with flybridge boats unless family is very competent you do need a deck hand as a minimum say above 17 meters. Cause even cleaning the thing does take a bit of time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast