Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default this is getting very comment saying

It seems to me when some run out of any thing to say this get thrown in .
    (Do you have any evidence to support your comments?)
    To top it up when at times someone do throw up some evidence the culprit disappears.
    It doesn't help ,
    Oh before someone ask if , " I have any evidence to support my comments?"

Yes , You just need to look up some of the posting lately , I can't be bothered .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 08-09-19 at 19:50.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Default Re: this is getting very comment saying

There's two arguments I think around this subject. First of all, 'fer cryin out loud this is a community forum! The second argument is do we leave everything as banter or do we challenge some of it to make the forums more useful?

It all comes down to the fact that we come from all different backgrounds, experiences and ideas of how things are best done. There's plenty of people after all, who spout a lot of rubbish and then disappear without providing anything to back them up . That said, this is a community forum and we should all be a little more relaxed.

I answered one of the 'what boat is this?' questions that pop up frequently by posting a picture of an identical boat, on a trailer hitched to a car. I was then more or less told that because Google couldn't confirm the picture my information wasn't valid. I was able to answer that it was my car, trailer, boat, camera and film. The 'accuser' accepted it graciously, but it wasn't good enough for another person who seemed determined to ignore the fact that I knew who the designer was, and insist that it must be someone else of the same name. I didn't bother replying, but the well-known designer had become a friend which was really why I'd got the boat.

Can't say I've noticed. Is there any evidence of this?
    Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeir View Post
    Can't say I've noticed. Is there any evidence of this?
    Have you got any evidence other then you not looked hard enough
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    Have you got any evidence other then you not looked hard enough
    Surely it is for the proponents of the concept to present the evidence rather than those who don't support it to try and prove the negative?

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    It seems to me when some run out of any thing to say this get thrown in .
    (Do you have any evidence to support your comments?)
    I don't think it's unreasonable to expect comments to be backed up with evidence. There are some forumites whose expertise in particular areas is well established - Vyv Cox for metallurgy, VicS for chemistry, Tranona (gone but not forgotten) for VAT rules, yourself for Croatia, Flaming for racing, for example - and they/you can speak with individual authority, but the rest of us really need to be prepared to substantiate our claims.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to expect comments to be backed up with evidence. There are some forumites whose expertise in particular areas is well established - Vyv Cox for metallurgy, VicS for chemistry, Tranona (gone but not forgotten) for VAT rules, yourself for Croatia, Flaming for racing, for example - and they/you can speak with individual authority, but the rest of us really need to be prepared to substantiate our claims.
    Do let me know if you have any questions about taking yachts through the Panama Canal.

If you lived in our village you would learn that the standard phrase is " That will see me out". I have seen it a couple of times on this forum. Sometimes I often feel like asking if the person really feels that ill
    I keep my black suit well pressed
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Do let me know if you have any questions about taking yachts through the Panama Canal.
    I'd love to hear about it, seriously. Got any piccies?
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast