Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: this is getting very comment saying

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    I'd love to hear about it, seriously. Got any piccies?
    Yeah, can do that. Will take me a while to get it all together but Im sure I put some on here around March or April after the last one. Im gonna be away from my computer for a bit, got a 2 week stint in South Spain coming up, but after that, I'll do it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect comments to be backed up with evidence. There are some forumites whose expertise in particular areas is well established - Vyv Cox for metallurgy, VicS for chemistry, Tranona (gone but not forgotten) for VAT rules, yourself for Croatia, Flaming for racing, for example - and they/you can speak with individual authority, but the rest of us really need to be prepared to substantiate our claims.
    Agree but now it just being throw in just for the sake of it , let's face it you could almost use it in any posting .
    Last time I sew it use was here ...

" The more engine hours the less life the engine probably has in it, if it has been 'reasonably' maintained. If maintenance is carried out to manufacturers spec, the engine should last way longer than prescribed. If the engine has not been maintained very well, you're probably looking at knocking a few years off that before a replacement is required. It may not be that much of a factor if you don't use the engine much."
    I think most of us would agree if a engine done a lot of hours and not been maintained well , it less likely to last as long as one that has .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    Agree but now it just being throw in just for the sake of it , let's face it you could almost use it in any posting .
    Last time I sew it use was here ...

" The more engine hours the less life the engine probably has in it, if it has been 'reasonably' maintained. If maintenance is carried out to manufacturers spec, the engine should last way longer than prescribed. If the engine has not been maintained very well, you're probably looking at knocking a few years off that before a replacement is required. It may not be that much of a factor if you don't use the engine much."
    I think most of us would agree if a engine done a lot of hours and not been maintained well , it less likely to last as long as one that has .
    Because usually the poster of such a comment cannot substantiate the statement and this grumpy old cynical engineer is asking for more information to understand why the comment was made.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer who sails a Gib'Sea 96.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Yeah, can do that. Will take me a while to get it all together but Im sure I put some on here around March or April after the last one. Im gonna be away from my computer for a bit, got a 2 week stint in South Spain coming up, but after that, I'll do it.
    I'll look forward to it. I'm used to the Crinan Canal, which is not quite the same scale, and where any mules have four legs.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

I'll look forward to it. I'm used to the Crinan Canal, which is not quite the same scale, and where any mules have four legs.
    I found the old thread and bumped it. t21 put on a great vid.

......There are some forumites whose expertise in particular areas is well established - Vyv Cox for metallurgy, VicS for chemistry, Tranona (gone but not forgotten) for VAT rules, yourself for Croatia, Flaming for racing, for example - and they/you can speak with individual authority......
    Oi!

You forgot me....I'm the font of all knowledge on the River Medway!

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    Have you any evidence to support that? Anyway, wasn't Medway a naval battle in WW2?
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    Oi!

And I don't think anyone can top my knowledge of the central West side of my pontoon on the Hamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeir View Post
    Can't say I've noticed. Is there any evidence of this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12