Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toilet pipe

Default toilet pipe

I need to replace the loo pipe in my aft heads. Getting the pipe onto the seacock is going to be extremely difficult.

The seacock has a right angle on it and it disappears behind a bulkhead. You can get to the 2 jubilee clips but that's it, even the rest of the barb is out of sight.

The bulkhead itself is only about 4" from the transom, and there is clutter from steering gear. I can't get a hand in to pull the pipe onto the skin fitting.

This means the pipe is going to have to be pushed onto the skin fitting from under the loo floor. Do able only if the pipe slides on easily.

The white toilet pipe only slides on easily if soaked in boiling water. If I do this, by the time I thread it through its tortuous route it will be cold again.

I've been told butyl pipe is better as it doesn't allow smells out. But my question is, is butyl pipe soft and flexible, so that it will slide on easily, or is this a project I should delay until I'm out of the water (so I can remove the seacock if I need to)

Default Re: toilet pipe

This butyl pipe from ASAP is very good. Slides easily over the seacock (in my case Blakes) - reasonably tight bending radius of 120mm.

Not cheap though.

https://www.asap-supplies.com/hose/s...tion-hose-38mm

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    This butyl pipe from ASAP is very good. Slides easily over the seacock (in my case Blakes) - reasonably tight bending radius of 120mm.

Not cheap though.

really helpful thank you.

I only need 2m so the cost won't break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post

Not cheap though.

Completely did all the holding tank pipework using ASAP butyl hose. It was softer than the old stuff I removed. A hair dryer could be useful to soften the pipe if needed.
    Washing up liquid is a good lubricant.
    Broom owners club..... www.broomowners.com

I agree all the above. The butyl pipe slides easily especially with soap lubricant. All round better product than the white.

Remember to have side cutters on hand when you cut the butyl pipe bcz it has a spiral metal wire winding

Thanks everyone for the really helpful advice.
    I'll order some now.

if you have an extra skin fitting, you can do the heat, fit, cool cycle at your leasure, pipe will cool in the right size fitting slightly stretched and will be easier to fit even without heating just with a bit of soap or fairy...

V.

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    if you have an extra skin fitting, you can do the heat, fit, cool cycle at your leasure, pipe will cool in the right size fitting slightly stretched and will be easier to fit even without heating just with a bit of soap or fairy...

V.
    Why didn’t I think of that! Excellent tip, Vas, thanks.

If the boat is out of the water, then you could use a 90o Forespar Marelon, dismantle the valve and mount the outlet onto the hose stub then re-assemble this to the rest of the valve.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Do not use washing up liquid as a lubricant, it degrades rubber. Use something like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-...gel-800g/10631 I guess you could use an "off the shelf" water or silicon based lubricant from the supermarket also so the bottle won't go to waste lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast