Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Can they Re-Invent Motor Yachting?

It is obviously the market who decides.

We have seen some fresh innovations in the last five years courtesy of Arcadia, Sanlorenzo SX, and now ISA Extra jumping on the band wagon.
    All the above are having huge market consolidation and share.

But here is a mix of things to come. Both yachts feature very fresh concepts and I with interest waiting how the market will react to them.

The first is the Bluegame BGX70. What a fresh concept this is.
    http://www.poweryachtblog.com/2019/0...me-bgx-70.html
    https://www.bluegame.it/en/node/30

The second is the Cetera 60. A new brand for very well respected (in Italy and France) sport cruiser builder Fiart.
    https://ceterayachts.it/
    http://www.poweryachtblog.com/2019/0...cetera-60.html
    Last edited by PowerYachtBlog; 11-09-19 at 16:40.

Default Re: Can they Re-Invent Motor Yachting?

I'm not entirely sure how fresh that is, the styling imo is very reminiscent of Jeanneau / Merry Fisher.

I must be a traditionalist because I reckon whoever designed that lot was sitting in his bath when he got his inspiration!

The reinvention should not be about looks, this is just tinkering around the edges, but about how they are propelled. Burning hundreds of litres of fossil fuel per hour simply cannot go on indefinitely.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

The jet tender carried on the cockpit of the Bluegame 70 seems to block access to the port mooring line. Other than that itís just another boat with pointy furniture

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    The reinvention should not be about looks, this is just tinkering around the edges, but about how they are propelled. Burning hundreds of litres of fossil fuel per hour simply cannot go on indefinitely.
    Exactly, the tank keeps emptying !

Actually it is about how the layout in these boats that really is the innovative part. The looks someone done that before especially to what is the Cetera, looking very similar to an Arcadia.

But how the layouts are designed is very fresh. Both boats are very different to one another also in this.
    I like the Bluegame a lot, but the Cetera is very different to anything with the cabins being on the main deck and the living on top, and the lower deck only used for technical layout.

The Blue game lower deck is also sort of in middle deck not as low as normally is in boats.

Anyways it seems Fairline is copying the Bluegame feature by extending the Targa 53 and making it become a 58, and creating a similar stern layout.

I do not think the idea works on a sport cruiser look, and is a very lazy way to make a new model. Also I remind the Targa 53 was actually born as the 50, also known as the unlucky 50.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    Agree 100%. Sooner or later fossil fuel guzzling pleasure motor boats are either going to be taxed out of existence with draconian fuel duties or legislated out of existence with draconian emissions regulations. Trouble is that the boat manufacturing industry is not the car manufacturing industry and there simple arent the R & D resources, neither the money nor the engineers, to throw at the problem. We're all going to have to hope that some other industry comes up with a new technology which is transferable to boats

Meanwhile the SL Bluegame is a lovely machine and I really want one

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Agree 100%. Sooner or later fossil fuel guzzling pleasure motor boats are either going to be taxed out of existence with draconian fuel duties or legislated out of existence with draconian emissions regulations. Trouble is that the boat manufacturing industry is not the car manufacturing industry and there simple arent the R & D resources, neither the money nor the engineers, to throw at the problem. We're all going to have to hope that some other industry comes up with a new technology which is transferable to boats

Meanwhile the SL Bluegame is a lovely machine and I really want one
    When Tesla makes their big electric trucks a success then there will be the ability to have the drivetrains marinised
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast