Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 183

Thread: RNLI

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SW Scotland
    Posts
    19,651

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxinoscope View Post
    For a starting point I’m amazed that there are a 130 staff at head office that the RNLI have now worked out they don’t need, how did it ever get to the point that there were so many nonproductive staff anyway.
    Where did "at head office" come from? The RYA's own news item doesn't say where the redundancies are.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cornwall & Solentish
    Posts
    13,734

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by lw395 View Post
    I would guess the recent expansion in Lifeguard activities has taken a lot of cash.
    They've buit a lot of posh huts and annoyed a few people.
    Nope - the lifeguard services is paid for by the beach owners, mainly local authorities, usually after being scared witless by RNLI "risk assessments" for liabilities for drownings if there isn't cover. The lifeguards are a very profitable activity for the RNLI - which is why they were so quick to bully many surf lifesaving clubs off the beaches.

    They also use it as an excuse to have their fundraising chuggers - sorry, "lifesaving advisors" on the beaches.
    Western Solent's Lifeboat -.http://solent-rescue.org.uk/

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cornwall & Solentish
    Posts
    13,734

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    Where did "at head office" come from? The RYA's own news item doesn't say where the redundancies are.
    Not sure where it came from, but having seen the consultation, they are mainly Poole posts going.
    Western Solent's Lifeboat -.http://solent-rescue.org.uk/

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cornwall & Solentish
    Posts
    13,734

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    So why, if that easily spotted & reported, are they getting to UK coastline, surely they will have been seen much before the TSS/shipping lanes on the French side & then stopped/rescued?
    Because the French don't want them back.
    Western Solent's Lifeboat -.http://solent-rescue.org.uk/

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West London
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Ask Boris Johnson, he's in charge, but I suspect the reason is he does not want to put up taxes to pay for the many more ships and staff it would need, his priority is to build a bridge to Northern Ireland
    Boris can't get France to pay for more ships & its on their side the problem starts.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West London
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    Where did "at head office" come from? The RYA's own news item doesn't say where the redundancies are.
    But the rest of the media did.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    614

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by chanelyacht View Post
    Because the French don't want them back.
    Well they obviously have enough surgeons, scientists and engineers already.
    "Now shall the gentleman haul and draw with the mariner"
    John Hawkins

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,491

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    So why, if that easily spotted & reported, are they getting to UK coastline, surely they will have been seen much before the TSS/shipping lanes on the French side & then stopped/rescued?
    I have no idea and I have no idea why you are asking me. This has nothing to do with our discussion about use of the RNLI as a border force vis a vis a rescue service so I will butt out.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West London
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by chanelyacht View Post
    Nope - the lifeguard services is paid for by the beach owners, mainly local authorities, usually after being scared witless by RNLI "risk assessments" for liabilities for drownings if there isn't cover. The lifeguards are a very profitable activity for the RNLI - which is why they were so quick to bully many surf lifesaving clubs off the beaches.

    They also use it as an excuse to have their fundraising chuggers - sorry, "lifesaving advisors" on the beaches.
    Latest allegations, from The Times,
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...jobs-tnctwwl7d

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Sussex / Hants
    Posts
    28,771

    Default Re: RNLI

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    Latest allegations, from The Times,
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...jobs-tnctwwl7d
    I think this policy has the potential to if not sink the RNLI, severely dent its image and income, probably forever; this is not what British donors expect their money to go on - with donations already declining due to demographic reasons, this is a hooting mad policy, do the RNLI top bods fancy themselves as government diplomats / UN ?
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to