Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Muchalls
    Posts
    1,247

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by westhinder View Post
    Please define ‘Cultured Ozzie’
    Can't be done - it's an oxymoron.

    Culture is the main difference between an Aussie and a yoghurt.

    Brilliant thread!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    2,733

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by westhinder View Post
    Please define ‘Cultured Ozzie’
    It's an example of an oxymoron, like "feminine logic" and "business ethics" etc etc

    Mike.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Me: Johannesburg South Africa Yacht: Richards Bay East Coast Africa
    Posts
    7,120

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by westhinder View Post
    ‘Cultured Ozzie’
    Oz where "men are men and sheep are nervous:

    Ozzie sings "I only have eyes for ewe".

    Ozzie considers forplay as "brace yourself Sheila"

    Sorry to all my Australian friends. I hope they are still friends?
    Life is too short not to have a sea view
    Distantshaws tinyurl.com/yclt6l68

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Me: Johannesburg South Africa Yacht: Richards Bay East Coast Africa
    Posts
    7,120

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by mjcoon View Post
    It's an example of an oxymoron, like "feminine logic" and "business ethics" etc etc

    Mike.
    What's the difference between and ethical man and a moral man.

    A ethical man knows he should not cheat on his wife and moral would not.
    Life is too short not to have a sea view
    Distantshaws tinyurl.com/yclt6l68

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    Well as a pomme once said, "Oz is 90% arid desert & 10% cultural desert".
    😂

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Humblebee View Post
    Can't be done - it's an oxymoron.

    Culture is the main difference between an Aussie and a yoghurt.

    Brilliant thread!
    😄

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogershaw View Post
    Oz where "men are men and sheep are nervous:

    Ozzie sings "I only have eyes for ewe".

    Ozzie considers forplay as "brace yourself Sheila"

    Sorry to all my Australian friends. I hope they are still friends?
    😂

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nelson New Zealand
    Posts
    588

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Thread drift to Aussie bashing? Count me in!
    I should say though that Australians are special people: - chosen by the best judges in England!
    Aiming to live forever or die in the attempt!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SW Scotland
    Posts
    19,651

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by westhinder View Post
    Please define ‘Cultured Ozzie’
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Me: Johannesburg South Africa Yacht: Richards Bay East Coast Africa
    Posts
    7,120

    Default Re: Cruising under Sail: the facts

    Quote Originally Posted by John the kiwi View Post
    Thread drift to Aussie bashing? Count me in!
    I should say though that Australians are special people: - chosen by the best judges in England!
    Last time I entered Australia I was asked if I had a criminal record. My answer was I didn't know it was still a requirement.
    Life is too short not to have a sea view
    Distantshaws tinyurl.com/yclt6l68

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to