Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default Re: An excuse for a party or a punch up.✔️

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Think I would rather dinghy over and share a glass or two.

Who knows, he may already be a contributor to Anything Brexit, if not you could invite him to join.

Rather than pay chandlery prices, I trust folk are aware that there are outlets, on line, where you can buy an ensign (including the one above) for the price of a pint.

believe the CA let you wear one without let or hinderence ?

Sort him out ... full broadside and board him in the smoke! ......

Default Re: Is this blue ensign legal?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post

For a dumb thread, it's providing a lot of entertainment for you, me and a lot of others. Don't knock it .... this might be the only time in your life that you've brought a little joy into the lives of others.

Richard
    Richard
    You provide entertainment for us all and I hope that one day our boating paths will cross and we can share an evening on board drinking and talking under the stars!
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieW View Post
    I believe that if you are a serving Naval officer you can have your man row you over and demand to see thier warrant. If that's not forthcoming, target practice 😎
    Your man will sadly be very disappointed, there will be no warrant on board. The warrant is held by the club or association etc. The yacht has a permit to fly an Ensign.

I have a warrant signed by Geoff Hoon, but that was for something different and took me 19 years to earn, but I like to fly my Blue Ensign complete with the crossed swords. Other yachties who recognise it do stop by and ask. Perhaps they are checking that I am entitled to fly it

Funny old world
    Moody 31

Quote Originally Posted by Resolution View Post
    Richard
    You provide entertainment for us all and I hope that one day our boating paths will cross and we can share an evening on board drinking and talking under the stars!
    Peter
    Amen to that Peter.

I've been sitting under the stars at this time every evening for the last 2 weeks as the sky has been crystal clear 24/7. However, there's a fair covering of cloud tonight, although I can still see a dull glow where the moon is supposed to be, and rain showers are forecast for most of the day tomorrow, although Friday, when we start our journey home to the UK for winter, will be lovely again.

Our plan was to arrive back here in our marina tomorrow lunchtime and take down the sails, change the oil and filters on the engines, change the oil on the outboard etc during tomorrow but we changed our plan yesterday and arrived back here at lunchtime today so we could get everything sorted for the long winter sojourn in the dry rather than in the rain. It's effectively cut a day off our cruise but I hate doing all those end of year jobs in the rain.

Knowing our luck, the forecast will be wrong and there won't be any rain tomorrow.

I'll be really sad to leave what has been a lovely 2 weeks of sunshine and blue skies and not too much heat at 25-ish during the day and 20-ish at night, but this is not real life and responsibilities back home emit their siren call.

Richard
    Last edited by RichardS; 19-09-19 at 07:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
    Your man will sadly be very disappointed, there will be no warrant on board. The warrant is held by the club or association etc. The yacht has a permit to fly an Ensign...
    Sigh, you're right which means I need to change about 20 instances in my club's Byelaws
    If you're not confused, you're probably misinformed

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    believe the CA let you wear one without let or hinderence ?
    Donít quite see how the CA have any alternative. Especially if the owner of the vessel in question is not even a member of the CA.

I suspect the response could be, Bog off, or words to that effect.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

To fly the CA Blue you have to apply for a formal warrant which stipulates that the CA Burgee is also flown from mast

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Amen to that Peter.

I've been sitting under the stars at this time every evening for the last 2 weeks as the sky has been crystal clear 24/7. However, there's a fair covering of cloud tonight, although I can still see a dull glow where the moon is supposed to be, and rain showers are forecast for most of the day tomorrow, although Friday, when we start our journey home to the UK for winter, will be lovely again.

Our plan was to arrive back here in our marina tomorrow lunchtime and take down the sails, change the oil and filters on the engines, change the oil on the outboard etc during tomorrow but we changed our plan yesterday and arrived back here at lunchtime today so we could get everything sorted for the long winter sojourn in the dry rather than in the rain. It's effectively cut a day off our cruise but I hate doing all those end of year jobs in the rain.

Knowing our luck, the forecast will be wrong and there won't be any rain tomorrow.

I'll be really sad to leave what has been a lovely 2 weeks of sunshine and blue skies and not too much heat at 25-ish during the day and 20-ish at night, but this is not real life and responsibilities back home emit their siren call.

Richard
    Richard
    We are sitting in Bozburun, Turkey, where it is a lovely 21 degrees at 10pm, with a light breeze to keep us cool. Been out here four weeks and only had one rain shower! Ten days more to go before we also spend a day putting the boat to bed for the winter and then head off back to British weather and politics.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Daverw View Post
    To fly the CA Blue you have to apply for a formal warrant which stipulates that the CA Burgee is also flown from mast
    I wasnít aware we were dicussing the protocol for flying the CA flag.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567