Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Is this blue ensign legal?

I'm not going to give a well thought out, intelligent answer.

Here goes...

Burn it.

lol

Kind regards

S

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Do they do them in red and where can we buy them
    Seeing as you want to be governed by unelected bureaucrats, why donít you just get a Union ensign and sign up on the .union registry... if there isnít one yet... as k the empire builders to set one up for you.

Never know you could make history as registering EUR001.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Provided you are not trying to defraud or deceive, I donít think it matters or is illegal to fly what you like on your boat.

But you may attract (unwanted) interest from the authorities.

As a serving officer said to me recently, ďThe RN can tell who you are or can quickly find out so we donít do flags.Ē

Hornblower will be turning in his grave.
    Last edited by nortada; 15-09-19 at 08:22.
    🇵🇹Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    Seeing as you want to be governed by unelected bureaucrats ...
    Like Dominic Cummings?

Come to that, I can't ever remember voting for the principal permanent secretary to the treasury, the deputy chief planning officer in my local council or the head of the on-topic MCA.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    Seeing as you want to be governed by unelected bureaucrats, why don’t you just get a Union ensign and sign up on the .union registry... if there isn’t one yet... as k the empire builders to set one up for you.

Never know you could make history as registering EUR001.
    Tick tock,

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanofthehills View Post
    If the blue ensign was reserved for those actively defending our country, I would certainly respect it. To those granted licence via ancient medieval monarchy I just laugh, and if any other nation knew those rules they would fall over giggling
    Normally I would agree, but not always. I wear a Bluey and its not unknown for me to chop one off to a passing foreign naval vessel & for them to call the upper deck to attention & return the salute, all be it rather informal. It wouldnt happen with an RN ship of course because they are just an arrogant buncn of class ridden useless *****.
    No I wear a Bluey to stand out & be seen to be different from the masses. Doing so has brought considerable advantages over the years. Not saying what as you dont need to know lol. Navy old school you see lol
    I must have been reincarnated because I'm living the life of Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by doug748 View Post
    Exactly, good for you.

I always feel it was a bit of shame that Blue Ensigns were not reserved for serving and ex service folk. Then we would know where we are.
    We could then have an array of Savoy Opera colours for clubs of merit - or maybe even just the pretentious ones.

Plus of course the wits and jack the lads with their Europe Stars, Scottish Free State and Jolly Roger emblems. I always note them, they serve a useful purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    This boat has just anchored next to us in a small bay in Croatia. We like it here 'cos the graffiti makes us feel at home.

But the real question is: Is a defaced blue ensign with a circle of EU stars in the middle actually legal tender?

Should I dinghy over and perform a citizens arrest?

Richard
    Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Who cares.
    I'm guessing the chap flying who it thinks it is a frightfully important political statement and probably puts him up with that bloke who stood in front of the tanks at Tiananmen Square for one.
    Last edited by Elecglitch; 15-09-19 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecglitch View Post
    I'm guessing the chap flying who it thinks it is a frightfully important political statement and probably puts him up with that bloke who stood in front of the tanks at Tiananmen Square for one.
    That’s a hell of a guess, lots of assumptions.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast