Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A long shot but, here goes ...

Ok this is interesting as before plotters were changed the AP worked fine but, since the change over it keeps setting off an alarm telling me that it has no signal. The electrician stated that itís because itís not connected to the plotter and he didnít know how to do it !!!!
    I will try to take a photo of the back of the unit and post it here !

What plotter units did you take out?

It sounds like they where connected before so it’s just figuring out how. NMEA 0183 is the most obvious so hopefully the wiring is still there.

Are your garmin units new or used? They might have come with the cable you need

As your ap103 was setup previously with plotter input, you’re getting an alarm as the input is now missing. It’s quite possible you can alter the settings in the ap103 to turn the plotter input off and it will work stand alone once again.
    Last edited by FARSCO; 14-09-19 at 11:29.

The AP was connected to an old geonav multi plotter. Itís been replaced with new twin Garmin gpsmap 8410ís.
    Without a manual for the AP I have no clue how to adjust settings !!

Ok....so Garmin units should have the NMEA 0183 cable I linked to in the box. We’re moving in the right direction

Here’s the English manual for the ap 201. Looks very similar to the Italian one for the ap103

http://geonav.kgk.ee/autopilots/AP201/man201_ENG.pdf
    Last edited by FARSCO; 14-09-19 at 12:12.

Thank you so much for the help. I will take a deeper look into this in the week. There should be cables on board if they came in the box with the plotters. I will txt the engineer to ask where they are !! 👍🏻

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12