Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What chart card for my Raymarine C90W chart plotter?

I bought a boat with a built-in Raymarine chart plotter last year which had previously lived in the south of France (I'm in the UK). I suspect the previous owner removed the chart card from the card slot so I need to purchase a new one.

The Raymarine website offers a bewildering array of different charts (Navionics, C-Map etc etc etc ) - presumably some are more detailed than others although the website doesn't make that clear.

Can anyone help me cut through all this and advise what type of card I need? I will be on the north Wales coast.

Cheers!
    Jeanneau Leader 9

Default Re: What chart card for my Raymarine C90W chart plotter?

The C90W uses Navionics charts on a CF (CompactFlash) cartridge. Unfortunately, Navionics have I believe stopped making CF charts, but it's still possible to find them in stock with some suppliers, or you can buy a Navionics Plus card and download thenm yourself. You need to choose a chart which covers your intended cruising area.

For the U.K. probably a Navionics Plus 28XG on CF card.

We have a C90W bought new in 2011. The chart was pre-loaded for all of Europe. Are you sure yours is blank ?

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    The C90W uses Navionics charts on a CF (CompactFlash) cartridge. Unfortunately, Navionics have I believe stopped making CF charts
    No question on the statement that a Navionics CF card is required or dunedin's recommendation of chart (although if you're on the south coast and more likely to go south than north, consider the western europe chart instead) but are you sure they've stopped making CF cards? Certainly updates are still available:
    https://d2wb2wm9dm62ai.cloudfront.ne...ilityGuide.pdf

Last year's boat show Navionics certainly seemed to be flogging CF cards but that's not to say they haven't stopped...

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    No question on the statement that a Navionics CF card is required or dunedin's recommendation of chart (although if you're on the south coast and more likely to go south than north, consider the western europe chart instead) but are you sure they've stopped making CF cards? Certainly updates are still available:
    https://d2wb2wm9dm62ai.cloudfront.ne...ilityGuide.pdf

Last year's boat show Navionics certainly seemed to be flogging CF cards but that's not to say they haven't stopped...
    https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...s-discontinued

Compact Flash charts still available.
    allGadgets Marine
    www.allgadgets.co.uk

I think that could be just a really badly phrased announcement that the pre-programmed products are no longer available on CF. These have been on the way out for some years, in favour of the Navionics+ self-download ones that don’t need chandlers to keep a range of areas on the shelf getting increasingly out of date.

Notice that “Global Regions SKUs, which allow the customer to choose any one Navionics+ coverage areas” will remain available.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jim5099 View Post
    We have a C90W bought new in 2011. The chart was pre-loaded for all of Europe. Are you sure yours is blank ?
    There is no card in the slot and it shows a boat icon in the middle of a blank page when I turn it on (I'm on a river inland - not sure if that's relevant). Do you have a card in the slot?
    Jeanneau Leader 9

[QUOTE=Do you have a card in the slot?[/QUOTE]

NO. Never had one. It was loaded when I got it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast