Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Y insurance premium increase

Iirc there was a thread about this recently, but now canít find it. Have just looked through my junk mail and found my renewal from Y, good job I found it,

Anyway, my premium has increased by over 20% for the next year, again I seem to recall some saying theirs had increased by a similar amount, and some staying much the same. Iím inclined to renew, but might just make a few enquiries elsewhere.

Iíd be interested to know what the % increase has been for others. Iíve never made a claim, but realise there are other possible reasons for the increase.

Default Re: Y insurance premium increase

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    Iirc there was a thread about this recently, but now can’t find it. Have just looked through my junk mail and found my renewal from Y, good job I found it,

Anyway, my premium has increased by over 20% for the next year, again I seem to recall some saying theirs had increased by a similar amount, and some staying much the same. I’m inclined to renew, but might just make a few enquiries elsewhere.

I’d be interested to know what the % increase has been for others. I’ve never made a claim, but realise there are other possible reasons for the increase.
    I went through a similar process about 6 months ago, but after asking for more quotes form different companies Y was still cheaper. Maybe different now of course so worth checking

I haven't had my renewal request from Y yet but having read that Y premiums were going up I got a quote from Pantaenius - premium asked was double Y's. Good policy but double? I'm going to check out a few others or maybe try local … don't know much about French boat insurance. Anybody?

I’m with Trafford’s. Competitively priced, but 15% increase this year.

Thanks, thatís the one!

Mine went up by 33% this year, due to “large claims from med-based boats”....I declined their offer and went elsewhere.

Iirc there was a thread about this recently, but now can’t find it. Have just looked through my junk mail and found my renewal from Y, good job I found it,

Anyway, my premium has increased by over 20% for the next year, again I seem to recall some saying theirs had increased by a similar amount, and some staying much the same. I’m inclined to renew, but might just make a few enquiries elsewhere.

I’d be interested to know what the % increase has been for others. I’ve never made a claim, but realise there are other possible reasons for the increase.
    I'm with YYI, prompted by your increase to look at my % increase. +20.02% on last year, no claims or changes. We're all paying to cover their losses elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KDee View Post
    Mine went up by 33% this year, due to “large claims from med-based boats”....I declined their offer and went elsewhere.
    It interesting that they state words to the effect that Med based boats will see a greater increase. It seems from the other thread that their increase has seen a lower % increase. Very strange.

However, I will swallow the increase and renew. But if they try it again next year I will look around.

It interesting that they state words to the effect that Med based boats will see a greater increase. It seems from the other thread that their increase has seen a lower % increase. Very strange.

However, I will swallow the increase and renew. But if they try it again next year I will look around.
    We had a similar increase with Y this year - as suggested, it appears to be fairly universal amongst most insurance companies and that being the case my reasons for being with Y trump any whatever (probably relativley minor) saving in premium that we might get elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast