Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nice little video from Brightlingsea harbour showing correct entrance.

I'll be off then

Default Re: Nice little video from Brightlingsea harbour showing correct entrance.

That's nice, been there lots of times, but very useful for a first time visitor.

Default Re: Nice little video from Brightlingsea harbour showing correct entrance.

Is there anything to do in Brightlingsea now Kovalam is closed?

You could call by and say hello.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

I as there in June, we dried out on the posts , so that we could renew the seals on Brigands sail drives, supposedly should be done every couple of years,
    Had nice meal in the pub, steak & kidney pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    Is there anything to do in Brightlingsea now Kovalam is closed?
    The Raj in Tower St changed hands a while ago and has been excellent since.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBz View Post
    The Raj in Tower St changed hands a while ago and has been excellent since.
    Time for a visit then! On a serious note... we've always loved Brightlingsea and having spent some years sailing from Marconi consider it a second home of sorts - but these days I find it harder to explain why it makes sense to spend £30 for a night with no power, no water, no walk ashore access to the town when I can anchor in a dozen places and (not) get all that for free!
    Kovalam (very different menu to all the other curry houses we ever go to) was the one hook that kept pulling us back.

Shame about the Kovalam, although the quality was patchy in later years. The Rosebud pub is worth the hike for good food, beer and wine, and the views from the garden are lovely on a summer's evening.

Strangely, the Yachtsmans ( Under new management) is doing respectable grub at fairly sensible prices now !
    I'll be off then

We go to the cafe near the leaning tower. It is being re-built at the moment, so they operating from a caravan in the car park. As there is now only limited space, temporally the menu is shorter, but the grub is just as good,
    I respect my elders, but I can't find many now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast