Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Slow News Week ?

Having been ignored by many many folks over many many years in the friendly (we are all boaters right ) wave dept, suspect you could possibly be reading a little to much into the chaps reponse.
    He might well be totally absorbed in thoughts about getting on to his berth, this time without totally cocking it up big time or million other things.
    Some folks enjoy starting fights in an empty room. ?
    Last edited by oldgit; 16-09-19 at 07:02.

Default Re: Slow News Week ?

Are you sure they just didn't think you were going too fast and weren't looking forward to your approaching big wash.
    Isn't the limit in Poole harbour 10knts, probably the worst wash producing speed for most mobos.

Default Re: And they wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by FARSCO View Post
    Youve got Bruce all wrong. He is using reverse psychology. Hes teaching his kids boating is a miserable past time involving loud whining engines and big rough seas thus the next generations fossil fuel use will be less! Its genius really
    Nonsense. Playing pass the bucket is just an excellent way to pass the time and prevent the chorus of are we there yet. I'm sympathetic to their plight and do try to minimise downtime

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_d View Post
    Are you sure they just didn't think you were going too fast and weren't looking forward to your approaching big wash.
    Isn't the limit in Poole harbour 10knts, probably the worst wash producing speed for most mobos.
    Mea Culpa...Throwing the first stone etc...
    Must confess to having both given the resigned head shake and been on the receiving end of some well deserved abuse for causing wash, mainly due to not paying attention to other boaters around me.

Just to clarify I was going 6 Knots which meant the wash was minimal, I'm not the sort of mobo owner to annoy everyone else in the harbour, unlike some I have seen, bouncing boats on moorings, so no mea culpa there. And certainly not throwing the first stone. Like I said at the beginning the person concerned on the Cat looked at me, so was not concentrating on mooring their boat, or worrying about anything, just being rude....

Dont let it bother you. You probably would want to be mates with the like anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by matt8442 View Post
    Just to clarify I was going 6 Knots which meant the wash was minimal, I'm not the sort of mobo owner to annoy everyone else in the harbour, unlike some I have seen, bouncing boats on moorings, so no mea culpa there. And certainly not throwing the first stone. Like I said at the beginning the person concerned on the Cat looked at me, so was not concentrating on mooring their boat, or worrying about anything, just being rude....
    one or two MoBo skippers in the past have pointed out, that the worrying about getting back on the berth without drama frequently starts on the drive to the boat in the morning. !
    Last edited by oldgit; 17-09-19 at 12:17.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123