Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.

Default Re: And they wonder why....

They were just rude. I wave at all boats, regardless of their means of propulsion. We all enjoy an interest in boating, that is good enough reason for me to wave.

I suspect he was trying to make a point "look I am sailing and not burning fuel, you are destroying the planet" which would be a valid argument if he did not have a motor on the boat and sailed or rowed into port.

I wonder if he would have treated me the same if my sails were down and I was motoring into the harbour?

Quote Originally Posted by ProDave View Post
    They were just rude. I wave at all boats, regardless of their means of propulsion. We all enjoy an interest in boating, that is good enough reason for me to wave.

I suspect he was trying to make a point "look I am sailing and not burning fuel, you are destroying the planet" which would be a valid argument if he did not have a motor on the boat and sailed or rowed into port.

I wonder if he would have treated me the same if my sails were down and I was motoring into the harbour?
    We all know that motor boats use hugely more planet destroying than sailing boats with engines - for example I suspect that most of you use vastly more than the 2.5 litres per hour my 13 metre sailing boat uses and of course most of the time I’m using nothing at all to travel.

But the boating use is just a little bit of our personal jigsaw. Did those catamaran sailors take the train or drive a long distance? What do they do in between sailing and how often and far do they travel.

In my case virtual signalling would be ludicrous - my boat is currently in Lanzarote and every time I go out for a carbon light long weekends sailing (or even a fortnight) there might be a carbon footprint involved.

Are you serious? This is what I love about the British. They love to carry a guilt complex. Chappie in the cat, his thoughts were probably a million miles from carbon footprint. He was simply obnoxious, or, Mr Mobo in his eagerness to please did something Mr Cat disapproved of, like waving while dragging a two foot wake behind him. Not saying he did, but I see it all the time. Both that is. Whats amusing is coming on to the forum to moan about the slight. Turn in your man card for chrissakes.

Of course it’s not all about how much fossil fuel you burn. It’s about how much of our ecologically delicate coastline gets ripped up to make a harbor just to park a boat. And I reckon the cat’s owner is responsible for fifty percent more than Matt
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    Are you serious? This is what I love about the British. They love to carry a guilt complex. Chappie in the cat, his thoughts were probably a million miles from carbon footprint. He was simply obnoxious, or, Mr Mobo in his eagerness to please did something Mr Cat disapproved of, like waving while dragging a two foot wake behind him. Not saying he did, but I see it all the time. Both that is. Whats amusing is coming on to the forum to moan about the slight. Turn in your man card for chrissakes.
    It was flying two extinction rebellion flags

Quote Originally Posted by RupertW View Post
    It was flying two extinction rebellion flags
    It's fashionable. I'm thinking of getting a pair for my mobo. Was Mr Cat in a plastic or wooden boat? Just want to know which stick to beat him with.

It's fashionable. I'm thinking of getting a pair for my mobo. Was Mr Cat in a plastic or wooden boat? Just want to know which stick to beat him with.
    I'll bet the cat was wooden and built from trees felled in the Amazon the Barstuard!!!

Actually to be fair, was probably a silly thing to moan about, guess I'd better hand in my manhood and buy a pantypad.

Quote Originally Posted by matt8442 View Post
    Actually to be fair, was probably a silly thing to moan about, guess I'd better hand in my manhood and buy a pantypad.
    Absolutely not, manners maketh the man remember and I am personally proud to be British to uphold that tradition!! Bruce lives in Welshland and is being brainwashed by sheep loving, Preseli mountain, magic mushroom scoffing hippies.

You’ve got Bruce all wrong. He is using reverse psychology. He’s teaching his kids boating is a miserable past time involving loud whining engines and big rough sea’s thus the next generations fossil fuel use will be less! It’s genius really

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast