Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Raymarine eSeries and Lighthouse 3

Ive held off upgrading my eS75 to LH3 as a lot of stuff (principally the Sailing tools) were missing, but I gather they have now arrived in the latest release.
    Can anyone who has upgraded their eSeries to LH3 comment on whether it was worth it?

Default Re: Raymarine eSeries and Lighthouse 3

I'd forgotten about that update. Now that you mention it, I'll give it a go, although since I use B&G Zeus on board the eS is in a spares box... If I can find it later, I'll give it a go although I seem to remember the actual update last year to Lighthouse III was pain free and quite simple.

es78 upgrade to lighthouse 3.10 was quick and easy last night. Note - You get three files in the download. One is the operating system update and another is a basemap update. The third is a small text file instructing you to put one file at a time onto the microSD card. It works that way

Sail functions are there now but personally I like the B&G sailsteer display. That could be just because I'm more used to the B&G display.

I did note that the Raymarine now has a new start line function but we've always done that on a mobile Android device.

Raymarine does however beat the B&G on it's AIS display... nice small icons that don't blot out everything behind..

Hope this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_J View Post
    es78 upgrade to lighthouse 3.10 was quick and easy last night. Note - You get three files in the download. One is the operating system update and another is a basemap update. The third is a small text file instructing you to put one file at a time onto the microSD card. It works that way

Sail functions are there now but personally I like the B&G sailsteer display. That could be just because I'm more used to the B&G display.

I did note that the Raymarine now has a new start line function but we've always done that on a mobile Android device.

Raymarine does however beat the B&G on it's AIS display... nice small icons that don't blot out everything behind..

Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks, useful. I’m surprised more people don’t seem to have upgraded.

I also upgraded my eS 98. I waited until the sail functions were included which was the April update. On balance it seems an improvement but the system is seems a little slow.

Quote Originally Posted by dehlerdave View Post
    I also upgraded my eS 98. I waited until the sail functions were included which was the April update. On balance it seems an improvement but the system is seems a little slow.
    Do you find it slower now with the Lighthouse 3 upgrade? I'm still on Lighthouse 2 and have found my eS75 a bit slow to boot up, but generally ok once it's intitialised.

Quote Originally Posted by dehlerdave View Post
    Out of interest, which charts are you using?

On my B&G I feel that they're more responsive using Navionics...

It was late when I updated the es78 last night. Navionics worked but my c-map card didn't so I couldn't compare responsiveness.

It looked like the menu in the Raymarine let me choose navionics easily but the only c-map choice was 'c-map 4D'.... My card doesn't look to be compatible

Cheers for the reminder - I'll have to remember to upgrade my Axiom next time I'm at the boat. On those models it's a one-button operation using my phone's 4G connection, but I haven't thought to do it recently.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_J View Post
    es78 upgrade to lighthouse 3.10 was quick and easy last night. Note - You get three files in the download. One is the operating system update and another is a basemap update. The third is a small text file instructing you to put one file at a time onto the microSD card. It works that way ...................................
    Martin, does that instruction simply mean that you copy each file in turn, rather than coying both files across in one action? I downloaded the stuff today and I thought the instruction meant put each file on a separate microSD. In which case I wondered which file to load onto the plotter first.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Just as you're thinking ... I put the operating system file onto a microSD card, updated the MFD, then deleted that file and put just the basemap file onto the card before using that for the basemap update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast