Default Anyone on here from Amsterdam or Holland?

Hi,

I want to take my small speedboat to Amsterdam for the Sail festival in 2020, we've rented a property with a jetty, but I need to find out how to get the boat in the water. Are there any lists of slipways or anything like that?

Thanks in advance, Ady

Default Re: Anyone on here from Amsterdam or Holland?

where is the house and is the boat trailerable? or does it need a crane, there are many ramps and even more cranes..

I take it the speedboat is on a trailer. In that case: as the previous reply said there are plenty of ramps where you can launch your boat. In many cases those are public and there's no charge. I can think of several close to where I live, which is 20 km south of Amsterdam. Tp my knowledge there's no list of all ramps. Where exactly will you be staying? BTW: you're on to a good plan - you'll love being on the water during the event.

Thanks for the advice Guys, yes it's on a trailer, it's only 15' long. We're staying in the middle ish opposite the De Gooyer windmill so there's nowhere to park the truck and trailer. From Old Harry's list, there seem to be several boat yards which must be secure enough to leave the trailer etc, near the university, so I'll try them I think. Unless anyone has any better ideas.
    I'd love to go in our bigger boat but those stress levels will be way above my medication parameters!

Just learned there is actually something of a list: https://www.trailerhelling.com/en/index.html . It's even partially in English, but do try to translate the Dutch-language reviews as they contain valuable information regarding how steep etc. specific slips are.