Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cruising with a dog

We saw many long distance boats with dogs they all had health check certfiicates and pet pasport. In the Caribbean we didn't wear shoes and we used to visit an American yacht we knew well who had a NorfolkTerrier, it would lick our feet when we went on board.

Default Re: Cruising with a dog

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    I demur. It is the usual feckfest that arises when government devolves governmental responsibities to private corporations. It is impossible to travel directly as a foot passanger from Europe to UK with a pet. Why? Not because of any legislative hurdles but because the 'authorised' carriers can't be rs'ed to provide the service. Hence, only yesterday, Mrs Q had to make a 200 mile Eurotunnel return trip by car to facilitate me crossing the Channel with a cat in a box - no different than any other piece of luggage as far as the carrier is concerned. The system is a disgrace.
    Kudos to Irish ferries for allowing foot passangers to travel with pets, but not so good in that they cancelled my pre-booked Dublin Holyhead sailing with a spurious excuse about technical issues when it is as plain as the nose on Rory Best's face that it was for reasons stemming from low demand.

To the OP, having extensively researched pet travel to UK, I'm fairly sure routeing via Ireland is your only (legitimate) option.
    You can get a taxi to pick you up on the French side if you dont want yer Missies to drive. Friends do that! As
    I said and you ignored, ferry from Hook of Holland to Harwich. Been doing it for five years as a foot passenger and two dogs. Also done the French trip over in the tunnel to pick up the Misses and the dogs but the whole flying in the Paris and getting from Paris to UK is a pain compared with flying in to Amsterdam.
    If you think thats all a pain try organising to fly dogs in to the UK? The agents wanted £4k for handling our two dogs and that didnt even cover the cost of the flight! That is a scandal. The cost of bringing the dogs on the ferry is €20 each!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12