Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lenco vs Bennetts

Lenco electric or Bennett’s hydraulic trim tabs?? What you got and what are the views for and against each ??

Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

Neither - I've got Twin Disc on my boat.
    Nowhere near as popular as Lenco and Bennett, but they make even their best products look like toys, in comparison.
    Not cheap, but for any "normal" P boats (bar smallish ones), you could do worse than fitting them.
    Otoh, for speedboats well above 50kts, Mercury K-planes are just the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB View Post
    Lenco electric or Bennett’s hydraulic trim tabs?? What you got and what are the views for and against each ??
    I was just googling Lenco trim tab problems..........

I had problems with a cracked actuator on Bennett in the past but the replacement was very easy to fit and provided free of charge despite them being very old.

The lenco have packed up after 6 years. The advantage of them is they auto retract when you turn the engine off and they have indicators. Maybe some Bennetts have this too?

To me it just seems silly to keep an electric motor underwater.

I have Lenco.
    I did consider upgrading to Bennett but the cost was so high, that it was cheaper to buy lots of Lenco actuators and fit them as required.
    Tip - if you buy the Bennett to Lenco conversion kit, you get two actuators for the price of 1.
    I usually buy from the USA and wait for the delivery.
    Actually, this post reminds me that I need to add a couple more to my stock.

I have used this replacement strategy over the last 12 years and I am well "in pocket" over a Bennett upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I have Lenco.
    I did consider upgrading to Bennett but the cost was so high, that it was cheaper to buy lots of Lenco actuators and fit them as required.
    Tip - if you buy the Bennett to Lenco conversion kit, you get two actuators for the price of 1.
    I usually buy from the USA and wait for the delivery.
    Actually, this post reminds me that I need to add a couple more to my stock.

I have used this replacement strategy over the last 12 years and I am well "in pocket" over a Bennett upgrade.
    Crikey sounds like I’ve done well with getting 6 years. How many have you been through?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Crikey sounds like I’ve done well with getting 6 years. How many have you been through?
    I got through all the original ones in the first 3 seasons.
    The replacements seem to have lasted longer.
    There was a change in the Lenco design so maybe that made them more reliable.
    But it could have been my fitting!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Neither - I've got Twin Disc on my boat.
    Nowhere near as popular as Lenco and Bennett, but they make even their best products look like toys, in comparison.
    Not cheap, but for any "normal" P boats (bar smallish ones), you could do worse than fitting them.
    Otoh, for speedboats well above 50kts, Mercury K-planes are just the ticket.
    Yep, Twin Disc for me too and they are pretty substantial. Their UK support is good too via their key distributor, was easy to locate a seal kit when needed.

Got Bennett trim tabs on my boat, they've been bullet proof reliable for the last 14 years. The only issue I've had was this summer where one of the dashboard switches failed, I bought a new switch panel from the local chandlery and fitted it myself.

They haven't needed any maintenance either, no new seals required. I'm amazed they've done as well as they have.

We have Zip-Wake - in a league way above Benmetts on our last boat.Zip Wake.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast