Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    143

    Default Lenco vs Bennetts

    Lenco electric or Bennett’s hydraulic trim tabs?? What you got and what are the views for and against each ??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,636

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    Neither - I've got Twin Disc on my boat.
    Nowhere near as popular as Lenco and Bennett, but they make even their best products look like toys, in comparison.
    Not cheap, but for any "normal" P boats (bar smallish ones), you could do worse than fitting them.
    Otoh, for speedboats well above 50kts, Mercury K-planes are just the ticket.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    River Itchen, Southampton
    Posts
    7,212

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    Quote Originally Posted by NDB View Post
    Lenco electric or Bennett’s hydraulic trim tabs?? What you got and what are the views for and against each ??
    I was just googling Lenco trim tab problems..........

    I had problems with a cracked actuator on Bennett in the past but the replacement was very easy to fit and provided free of charge despite them being very old.

    The lenco have packed up after 6 years. The advantage of them is they auto retract when you turn the engine off and they have indicators. Maybe some Bennetts have this too?

    To me it just seems silly to keep an electric motor underwater.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sant Carles de la Rąpita
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    I have Lenco.
    I did consider upgrading to Bennett but the cost was so high, that it was cheaper to buy lots of Lenco actuators and fit them as required.
    Tip - if you buy the Bennett to Lenco conversion kit, you get two actuators for the price of 1.
    I usually buy from the USA and wait for the delivery.
    Actually, this post reminds me that I need to add a couple more to my stock.

    I have used this replacement strategy over the last 12 years and I am well "in pocket" over a Bennett upgrade.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    River Itchen, Southampton
    Posts
    7,212

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I have Lenco.
    I did consider upgrading to Bennett but the cost was so high, that it was cheaper to buy lots of Lenco actuators and fit them as required.
    Tip - if you buy the Bennett to Lenco conversion kit, you get two actuators for the price of 1.
    I usually buy from the USA and wait for the delivery.
    Actually, this post reminds me that I need to add a couple more to my stock.

    I have used this replacement strategy over the last 12 years and I am well "in pocket" over a Bennett upgrade.
    Crikey sounds like I’ve done well with getting 6 years. How many have you been through?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sant Carles de la Rąpita
    Posts
    6,990

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Crikey sounds like I’ve done well with getting 6 years. How many have you been through?
    I got through all the original ones in the first 3 seasons.
    The replacements seem to have lasted longer.
    There was a change in the Lenco design so maybe that made them more reliable.
    But it could have been my fitting!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bucks & St Raphael SoF
    Posts
    1,472

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Neither - I've got Twin Disc on my boat.
    Nowhere near as popular as Lenco and Bennett, but they make even their best products look like toys, in comparison.
    Not cheap, but for any "normal" P boats (bar smallish ones), you could do worse than fitting them.
    Otoh, for speedboats well above 50kts, Mercury K-planes are just the ticket.
    Yep, Twin Disc for me too and they are pretty substantial. Their UK support is good too via their key distributor, was easy to locate a seal kit when needed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    Got Bennett trim tabs on my boat, they've been bullet proof reliable for the last 14 years. The only issue I've had was this summer where one of the dashboard switches failed, I bought a new switch panel from the local chandlery and fitted it myself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    They haven't needed any maintenance either, no new seals required. I'm amazed they've done as well as they have.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

    We have Zip-Wake - in a league way above Benmetts on our last boat.Zip Wake.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to