Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lenco vs Bennetts

Quote Originally Posted by cstewart37 View Post
    We have Zip-Wake
    On which size/type of boat?
    I for one would be interested to hear if in your experience they are somewhat effective also as roll stabilizers, as the producers pretends they are.

Parker 7.5mtr cabin cruiser c/w 300 outboard – When its ruff zipwake on automatic keep the boat completely level so you can concentrate on driving.

Bennetts we had were on a 11mtr cabin RIB with twin 315hp inboards diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by cstewart37 View Post
    When its ruff zipwake on automatic keep the boat completely level so you can concentrate on driving.
    By level, do you mean that they are effective in correcting any LISTING due to crosswind and/or unbalanced load (both of which can badly affect how level the ride is, in a 7.5m boat), or that you can see a relevant reduction of ROLLING?
    These are two very different things, the latter being the one I am a bit more skeptical about.
    But if you say that they are effective also in this respect, I have no contrary experience, and I'm happy to take your word for it!

Next question would be about whether such effectiveness is equally remarkable on larger boats - if anyone knows, I'm all ears.

Not an answer to the OP but I can definitely NOT recommend the QL trim tabs by volvo. I had a new installation on a boat 5 years ago and had three replacement blades and one controller within 2 years.
    Currently boatless........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12