Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Anyone up for buying a builder rather than a boat, for a change?

If so, here's your opportunity.
    Me, I'd rather invest in red wine, as someone much wealthier and knowledgeable than myself once suggested.
    At least, if it's a good quality one, whenever you'll enjoy it in the future it will probably be better.

Default Re: Anyone up for buying a builder rather than a boat, for a change?

P, I'm sure you know how to make a small fortune in boats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,start with a really huge fortune

LOL, that counts as another potential subscriber not interested, I suppose?
    Makes me wonder how many moboers will actually buy shares...

For what itís worth I thought Ferretti had some really good boats at Cannes. The 550 aside which Iím afraid didnít do anything for us their new styling direction inside on the larger boats was very pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    For what it’s worth I thought Ferretti had some really good boats at Cannes.
    Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I agree that their effort to come back to sound boatbuilding, after the mostly finance-driven hangover of the nineties and naughties, is remarkable.
    I just struggle to see boatbuilding as an industry worth venturing into the stock exchange, for several reasons, both structural and more, well, let's say more subtle.
    But I'd tell the same of any other yard!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    If so, here's your opportunity.
    Me, I'd rather invest in red wine, as someone much wealthier and knowledgeable than myself once suggested.
    At least, if it's a good quality one, whenever you'll enjoy it in the future it will probably be better.
    And you can at least pi$$ away your own money rather than someone else doing it for you :-)
    Currently boatless........

It is a strange news since Galassi publicly declared that he was against this.

This is very different to the listing of 1999 by the looks of it, as it looks more a cash injection operation by what is written in the press release.
    This or that the Chinese want out.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    It is a strange news since Galassi publicly declared that he was against this.
    W, you are saying that as if his opinion would matter...

Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    And you can at least pi$$ away your own money rather than someone else doing it for you :-)
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    W, you are saying that as if his opinion would matter...
    Exactly. CEO would be heard but its not his decision obvs.
    This is mostly a secondary offering (the primary being only €100m), so it's a big exit for Weichai and the minority shareholders. I bet L Catteton (Princess's owners) will be super interested to see where they price it (in a month or so) because of the obvious implications for Princess's own value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast