Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Selling a yacht post Brexit - UK or within EU

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    This arguement been going about for some time , unless it's sold through a broker , who to say where the boat was sold ?
    I would suggest the boat will be sold wherever the paperwork says it is at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    I would suggest the boat will be sold wherever the paperwork says it is at the time
    What paper work ? Last boat I sold was in Greece , there was no paper trail to say it was sold in Greece , the bill of sale had nothing on it .
    , I brought the boat I have now a year earlier in Croatia privately again nothing to say what country I brought it from ,
    If you sell a boat through a broker then they may be a statement of account and that may give some idea what country it was sold in but only to the seller , even then I don't think the buyer would have any thing .
    If one of the brokers here like to correct me please do , best to get the right info out .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 16-09-19 at 18:03.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailaboutvic View Post
    This arguement been going about for some time , unless it's sold through a broker , who to say where the boat was sold ?
    I suspect many/most buyers would be more cautious / risk averse. If they are not confident that they will avoid future VAT issues they are likely to simply offer the OP 20% less for the boat, to mitigate their risk.
    No incentive for the buyer to play games with fictional sale “location”.

Quote Originally Posted by dunedin View Post
    I suspect many/most buyers would be more cautious / risk averse. If they are not confident that they will avoid future VAT issues they are likely to simply offer the OP 20% less for the boat, to mitigate their risk.
    No incentive for the buyer to play games with fictional sale “location”.
    I not suggestion playing any games , the point I making there is no record where a boat is sold , in other word I could buy your boat in France take it back to the UK and no one any wiser where I brought it from or would there be any record to show it was sold out of the Uk so UK vat would be valued .
    Same apply if a boat say was in the EU on B day so prove of EU vat status is up held then for some reason it's taken back to the UK and at a later date it's sold and taken back into the EU there no record .
    As for any precent held back from purchase price , my Guess is if someone try that the seller would just wait till he got a buyer that wanted to keep the boat in the country it's sold in .
    Any way all these posting are a waste of time as no one knows what's going to happen until it happen then if the boat is is in wrong country , it be too late to do any thing .

Here a fact , forget what someone going to post after reading this comment , in all the years I cruised the EU and people we met ( each winter any thing for 50 to 150) I never met one person who said they been asked to show VAT prove ,
    As for myself I only been ask for reg, insurance, passport , crew list and last year my Skipper license in Greece .
    I don't think that's going to change .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 16-09-19 at 21:24.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12