Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Better marketing at shows .

I only really ever go to the British Motor Yacht Show. Seems to be no real qualifying (thank goodness) and unlimited access to the boats. And it's free to get in.

I have no problem with giving details to view a boat - I usually just give name and email and current boat.

As for having a guide/salesman/saleswoman/salesperson that is down to the individual 'guide' as some are better than others. The guide for the Pearl 80 was very unobtrusive and I didn't feel being hassled at all - btw the pearl 80 was the best for its size at the show for me. Same for the sunseeker and princess - guides were fine. Didnt go on fairline as no boats in the size I want but I find them easy to deal with as well - besides have already had a sea trial on the 68 .

Even had a 10 min chat with the directors of one of the ribs explaining why it was so good.

As a contrast some brands at cannes a few years ago had really poor guides, which can be off putting.

I do have some sympathy with the dealers at the various boat shows. They know full well that more than 90% of the public wanting to inspect the boats have no intention of buying one - most of them could not afford it even if they liked it. The boats are expensive items and the dealers are going to have to sell them - to demanding customers who expect them to arrive in perfect condition - and that is not compatible with letting thousands of the great unwashed crawl all over them for a week.

Our first brand new boat was the Southampton display model - about eight years ago. We had put in the order some months before the show and the dealer offered us some attractive incentives if we would allow him to exhibit it at the show before we took delivery. We went along to their workshop after the show finished to see the boat and discuss some fitting out details - and we were horrified! The amount of damage that it had suffered during the show was far greater than we had ever expected. The dealer, of course, rectified all of that and we received it a few weeks later in perfect condition, but he must have replaced a lot of the furnishings and have done a lot of cleaning and polishing to get it looking that way.

That was a relatively small AWB sailing yacht with a price tag around £100k - not one of the headline gin-palace models that attracts so much attention. It's not too surprising that the dealers get a very nervous twitch when they see mum and dad plus several kids (eating lollies, of course) queuing up to take a look round some multi-million pound mobo - the cost of putting that back into showroom condition would be far higher!

This has just been posted by the owner of fairline on Facebook

Dear Fairline friends,

On behalf of shareholders we would like to express our gratitude for your high estimation of new boats and in general for your loyalty to Fairline Brand!
    It is extremely important for us. We with our team have made a lot of efforts to provide outstanding product and to increase the quality!
    This year in Cannes we have presented two new models S68 and F33line. As you may know S68 has won the Yacht Trophy Award for best interior design and F33line has been already nominated for "motorboat of the year" for Dusseldorf 2020.
    Cannes 2019 was hugely successful boat show with a lot of visitors and potential clients, even our main UK competitor came and ask to see the boats.
    We sincerely regret that it was unpleasant cases and some of you didn’t receive sufficient attention. We by ourselves have spent all days on stand and were constantly talking to clients and new potential dealers.
    Nevertheless we also admit that there are a lot to do for improving level of after sales support, marketing and in general client relationship management including gathering feedback from Fairline owners.
    We hope that within next 12 months we would show significant progress in this area.
    Our main aim is to present few new models in nearest future and to ensure outstanding premium design and quality level of our products, and we hope that new owners will enjoy their Fairline boats for next decades as it was during previous 50 years!

With big respect and warmest regards,

Alex Volov

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    This has just been posted by the owner of fairline on Facebook

Dear Fairline friends,

On behalf of shareholders we would like to express our gratitude for your high estimation of new boats and in general for your loyalty to Fairline Brand!
    It is extremely important for us. We with our team have made a lot of efforts to provide outstanding product and to increase the quality!
    This year in Cannes we have presented two new models S68 and F33line. As you may know S68 has won the Yacht Trophy Award for best interior design and F33line has been already nominated for "motorboat of the year" for Dusseldorf 2020.
    Cannes 2019 was hugely successful boat show with a lot of visitors and potential clients, even our main UK competitor came and ask to see the boats.
    We sincerely regret that it was unpleasant cases and some of you didn’t receive sufficient attention. We by ourselves have spent all days on stand and were constantly talking to clients and new potential dealers.
    Nevertheless we also admit that there are a lot to do for improving level of after sales support, marketing and in general client relationship management including gathering feedback from Fairline owners.
    We hope that within next 12 months we would show significant progress in this area.
    Our main aim is to present few new models in nearest future and to ensure outstanding premium design and quality level of our products, and we hope that new owners will enjoy their Fairline boats for next decades as it was during previous 50 years!

With big respect and warmest regards,

Alex Volov
    Thanks for this.
    I am facing retirement within the next two years and am Looking at my options. Keeping present boat, or change to something newer.

Mid '80ies I sold my Coronet 24 and was in the market for something slightly bigger - I went to the boatshow in Hamburg/Germany in November, and the Düsseldorf Show in February. In Hamburg I was denied acces to Sealine - In Düsseldorf I did not even try them, but I bought a new Sea Ray Cruiser after the Düsseldorf Show. Since then I have bought only 2nd Hand boats. - Sealine was never an option because of their attitude in Hamburg. Remember that a prospective customer that has been let down may not come back.

My personal view is that at distance all new boats look the same - I liked the days when you at a distance could see whether it was a Fairline, Princess or otherwise because any yard had their own style. How to convince me to buy a specific boat if I can only see it from a distance ????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123