Default Princess V40 Bow cushions

Hi, I have a 1998 Princess v40 that has never had bow cushions so I am looking for some images of how they are fitted and if anybody has a template so I can get some made? I am thinking of running a rail down each side that I can run a zipped piece to and then zip the cushions and then some form of studs down the middle, I have contacted Princess but they do not have plans or template or if so are unwilling to share. Based Lymington so any recommendations for anyone who could make them would be great, budget is tight though! Thanks.

Default Re: Princess V40 Bow cushions

Also interested in this...

Not quite the answer you're after, but fwiw on the Targa 40 there is a luff track that runs athwartships at the forward end of the sunpad cushions, and the sides and aft edge are just held with straps. The luff track detail is important because without this the wind gets under the cushions when underway.

Anyway - I mention this just because in the absence of an OE cushion to copy, it wouldn't be that hard to design your own.

My T34 has tracks at the forward side and three tracks running lengthways. Will take a photo in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Not quite the answer you're after, but fwiw on the Targa 40 there is a luff track that runs athwartships at the forward end of the sunpad cushions, and the sides and aft edge are just held with straps. The luff track detail is important because without this the wind gets under the cushions when underway.

Anyway - I mention this just because in the absence of an OE cushion to copy, it wouldn't be that hard to design your own.
    Same design on old S/Sker .
    You had to run a zip in the luff then zip that to the sown in zips under the pad .

Once we arrived after a late flight , the gardiene ( more like his lad ) had supposedly set up the boat , you know remove the covers , turn the fridge on , deck lights , and set up the various cockpit cushions etc etc .
    Next morning perfect Med weather off we went ......once I pootled out of the marina , fenders all stowed I opened it up and once it started to plane the whole forward bow cushion flew off over the binimi and landed in the sea behind .
    Luckily it floats .
    It wasn’t zipped on , it was just plonked in its place / recess .
    Needless to say somebody got a rocket later

So anyone out there with full guardianarge ....... you’ve been warned !

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post

Our V42 has just this... Not sure of model iterations / measurements from your V40 to 2010 V42 but happy to send measurements etc...

Quote Originally Posted by proudmas View Post
    Hi, I have a 1998 Princess v40 that has never had bow cushions so I am looking for some images of how they are fitted and if anybody has a template so I can get some made? I am thinking of running a rail down each side that I can run a zipped piece to and then zip the cushions and then some form of studs down the middle, I have contacted Princess but they do not have plans or template or if so are unwilling to share. Based Lymington so any recommendations for anyone who could make them would be great, budget is tight though! Thanks.
    Not an answer to your question but I have developed a cushion/sun pad that I´m pretty sure people will buy instead of the custom made bow cushions that is quite expensive

This sun pad can of course be used in the same way a bow cushion is used but it won´t be attached to the boat in this position
    The sun pad that I will sell you can also use as a sun bed which gives you a much more comfortable position than a bow cushion In the sun bed position you either enjoy the sun and still see a little of the surroundings or read a book etc
    When using it as a sun bed it is attached to the boat(no attachment equipment is needed)
    You can also put it halfway on the windshield and it won´t slide of as long as you´re on it
    Size is 190x65cm and it can be rolled up for storage
    A inflatable drink holder can be attached to it that also holds a phone pocket
    Price will be less then £100 so two of these is way more cheaper than a custom made bow cushion plus all the above features
    It fits very well on the V40
    Only downside is that it´s recommmended to be stored when not used

Long story short. Don´t buy a custom made bow cushion