Default Fancy one of these ?

From experience I can say not in a million years thank you very much More than happy with my way of life & what ive got.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...cht/index.html
    I must have been reincarnated because I'm living the life of Riley.

Default Re: Fancy one of these ?

No.
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

Points to ponder though.

Ive been fortunate enough to travel around a lot to places where vessels like that are routinely moored. They maintain a huge number of businesses and people in employment and income. Let alone the design studios, building yards, material and equipment suppliers.
    So owning one makes you a bit of a philanthropist really. Plus what a babe magnet........😊

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Points to ponder though.

Ive been fortunate enough to travel around a lot to places where vessels like that are routinely moored. They maintain a huge number of businesses and people in employment and income. Let alone the design studios, building yards, material and equipment suppliers.
    So owning one makes you a bit of a philanthropist really. Plus what a babe magnet........��
    Just think what 'babes' you could attract for a fraction of that dosh...
    It is all a question of boys and their toys. It is mind boggling for most of us here(?) but not a lot for him. Depeciation is a cliff..Is he concerned? Seems not.

Take an imaginary yottie with house in London, a decent boat in a marina on the south coast and a couple of cars in the family. Net worth probably something over £1 million. A fair description of a good few here, though there are plenty worth a lot less and a few worth a lot more. £100 is almost pocket money; an unexpected bill of £1,000 is unpleasant, but not a real problem. Now take a billionaire, worth 1,000 times as much. £100,000 is almost pocket money; an unexpected bill of £1,000,000 is unpleasant, but not a real problem. It kind of changes your perspective.

I still wouldn't want one, though I might ask Nordhavn and Grand Banks for their catalogues
    Steve
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

South Oxfordshire, Gosport and Wellington New Zealand.

Spent a night on the lower Hamble Harbourmasters pontoon last week.

We have what we like to think is a leading edge 12 metre modern Motorsailer, in her 11th year since build.

Directly opposite was a Nordhavn 56 Motorsailer, previously been on the hard in the yard for a couple of years.

First Mate was in love-it was magnificent. Made our boat look like a toy-which it most certainly is not.

But, sadly, the Nordhavn is far too expensive for us.

How the other half lives!

I wouldn't need a house - come to that, it's probably worth, well, I was going to say double, but more like 3 times my house and the mooring fees would be a bit more than my current rates bill...

She'd take you anywhere, but I do wonder how often you'd use the sails. I could see Milady vetoing the idea so she doesn't spill her kir (she doesn't like G&T)
    Steve

I wouldn't see the point, I'd much prefer a proper sailboat, okay so singlehanding a 120ft sailing yacht might be tricky... (although... apparently the Enigma aka Phocea was designed to be singlehanded...).

TBH, Milady would far rather we had a proper motor boat that stays upright most of the time, so I probably wouldn't bother with the mast, though once you get to that size, I suppose you're not going to be sailing it on its ear.

With hydraulic or electric furling everything, single handing wouldn't be too stressful. Even coming alongside would be easy with one of those computerised position control systems that manages the engine(s) and thrusters to place you exactly where you want to be, 6" from the pontoon.
    Steve