Question Hello from newbie and help required regarding registering of boat

Firstly I would like to say hello to everybody....Hello

Secondly I would like to ask for some help.

I have been a uk boat owner for years up on the Cambridgeshire fens , however I have just purchased/am mid purchase of a French registered boat on a French mooring(lease came with boat) , now I have been told that the boat will be deregistered in france when I finally take ownership and the TVA has previously been paid in france (which I have proof)....

So do I rep-register it in france or do I register it in the uk and keep her in france ??

any advice would be welcoming

Neil

Default Re: Hello from newbie and help required regarding registering of boat

Welcome along.

don’t know the answer but someone will. Just bumping this for you.
    Graham. "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

I think you have to have a French fiscal code , be visible on there tax system to qualify for French registration.
    If you have one then I would have thought that takes priority if the boat is going to stay in Fr .They levy boat taxes above a certain size . I think itís Hp related ?
    So the ( presume Fr ) seller naturally wants to dereg when itís sold to shed any tax liability?

If you donít have one and have a UK address then I would register it on the UK system, SSR small ships register .Check out the website @ Cardiff online .There was a time you could do part 3 online , the SSR .

Currently in the UK thereís no boat tax on private leisure vessels.
    I donít think Corbyns gang have twigged ....YET !

Interestingly in the Med it seems despite mentioning above the ď fiscal code ď qualifier, many seemingly locals French in France and Italians in Italy fly Red ensigns, ie boats are reg in the U.K. but berthed locally .

I presume the person on the U.K. reg cert or the person applying meets the UK qualification criteria.
    However the folks using the boat(s) often donít speak a word of En .Hmmm ??
    Seen this many a time the owner ( main user / benefactor) of red ensign flagged boat is a local Fr or IT .

Quote Originally Posted by Pugo50 View Post
    Firstly I would like to say hello to everybody....Hello

Secondly I would like to ask for some help.

I have been a uk boat owner for years up on the Cambridgeshire fens , however I have just purchased/am mid purchase of a French registered boat on a French mooring(lease came with boat) , now I have been told that the boat will be deregistered in france when I finally take ownership and the TVA has previously been paid in france (which I have proof)....

So do I rep-register it in france or do I register it in the uk and keep her in france ??

any advice would be welcoming

Neil
    Welcome. We might need a few more facts, is the boat on inland waters or on the coast? Do you intend to boat in France? Do you have any boating qualifications? And what size/type is the boat?

the boat is a rafealli 47 storm S it will be used coastal , the boat will be staying in france on its mooring and yes i have RYA ICC ....hope this helps