Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Fabio Buzzi 1943 - 2019

just seen the news. how terrible for all.

A very sad day indeed. RIP

Such terrible news
    I once had the pleasure of meeting Fabio Buzzi after he won The Cowes Torquay Cowes.
    I said I had always followed his company news and I congratulated him in not only winning the race today but also congratulated him for being back in Cowes for lunchtime. Time was about 3hr 13 mins I recall.
    Salute Fabio RIP and crew

Dreadful news, an absolute gentleman.

RIP Fabio and all your crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarron View Post
    Dreadful news, an absolute gentleman.

RIP Fabio and all your crew.
    Although it is sad that these people have died - am I alone in thinking that this was an utterly pointless endeavour and a total waste of life? Just what was the objective of this ridiculous stunt in the first place? I donít wish to denigrate FB and his achievements in a bygone age, but surely the world has moved on from noisy, polluting, wildlife damaging internal combustion powered boat record attempts?

Apart from the loss of human life, I just wonder about the impact on marine life of a boat travelling at that speed with large fast rotating and unshielded props, the underwater noise and pollution, and above surface noise and pollution - to achieve absolutely zilch...
    I'd miss my compost heap

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Although it is sad that these people have died - am I alone in thinking that this was an utterly pointless endeavour and a total waste of life? Just what was the objective of this ridiculous stunt in the first place? I donít wish to denigrate FB and his achievements in a bygone age, but surely the world has moved on from noisy, polluting, wildlife damaging internal combustion powered boat record attempts?

Apart from the loss of human life, I just wonder about the impact on marine life of a boat travelling at that speed with large fast rotating and unshielded props, the underwater noise and pollution, and above surface noise and pollution - to achieve absolutely zilch...
    Probably

Whatís the point of any motor racing

Whatís the point of kicking a football around. The World Cup means millions jump on planes which pollute the planet drink shed loads and piss of the locals oh might as well add to the mix whatís the point of leaving ones house if it ainít for work

Very sad day
    3 people died doing what they lived for.

Thoughts with all the family's

Although it is sad that these people have died - am I alone in thinking that this was an utterly pointless endeavour and a total waste of life? Just what was the objective of this ridiculous stunt in the first place? I don’t wish to denigrate FB and his achievements in a bygone age, but surely the world has moved on from noisy, polluting, wildlife damaging internal combustion powered boat record attempts?

Moderators please delete this post by Ric as it is in no way appropriate bearing in mind 3 people have lost their lives

, I just wonder about the impact on marine life of a boat travelling at that speed with large fast rotating and unshielded props, the underwater noise and pollution, and above surface noise and pollution - to achieve absolutely zilch...
    Less than impact than a “ rotating —— props “ on a slower boat taking 7 days to complete the same distance I would have thought . Any environmental effects only lasted 18 hrs or so .

Anyhow in the wider tech sphere FB,s collaboration with diesel engine manufacturers has probably cause a net reduction in WW carbon footprint compared to if he had taken up and studied for example ornithology as a passion .

I hope you can now see the wider contribution FB made ?

Until reading this I'd never heard of him so I did the old Googling.......what an impressive CV.....a true pusher of boundaries and all round decent guy by all accounts.

It's sad that I only now know of what this guy did in life.... following his death .

R.I.P

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast