Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Combined Shore Power/ Battery Charger Unit

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    I can't see any real point in having one. A simple consumer unit with breakers and an RCD is cheap and cheerful and hugely reliable. A simple battery charger is similarly reliable and easy to replace on its own if it fails.
    If the existing unit is u/s then this is probably the route I will take. Just need to check that it isn't something simple gone wrong. Its been a great unit over the years.
    Claymore

The device the OP is relating to is similar to that of a Zig unit as found in a lot of 80s and 90s caravans. Essentially a battery charger combined with a fuse/trip system to power a few sockets, ancillary stuff, etc...

Best pull it out, put a consumer unit in and a standalone battery charger from Victron, Mastervolt, etc.

...or Ctek! V pleased with ours.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewriches View Post
    The device the OP is relating to is similar to that of a Zig unit as found in a lot of 80s and 90s caravans. Essentially a battery charger combined with a fuse/trip system to power a few sockets, ancillary stuff, etc...

Best pull it out, put a consumer unit in and a standalone battery charger from Victron, Mastervolt, etc.
    The unit is goosed - replacement charger and consumer unit is the option I'm going for.
    Thanks for your responses.
    Claymore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12