Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Moderators, please can you give some guidance?

Amazed you donít see the GR parallel Porto. It was what the guy said himself on here that brought him down (bugging, barefaced *** about what his biz card says, etc)

I have followed this thread, and the others before deletion, with interest. I feel that not all the pertinent facts have been revealed and we are hearing two sides of the same incident without really fully understanding what took place. If that is the case, it may well be best to let it lie.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by john_morris_uk View Post
    Enough from me I think and Iím probably going to regret trying to be helpful.
    Why? Trying to be helpful is never regrettable by definition. If someone don't appreciate you help, that's their problem, not yours.

But if you don't mind me insisting (just a bit - I will not go further than this post, promise!), what do you think of my suggestion in post #4?
    As you can re-read, I didn't challenge the moderation rights, including the one of not giving explanations.
    It's just a technical matter, instead.
    Just consider the FB commemoration thread, where some posts were pulled - and very rightly so imho, but again, I'm not focusing on the reasons here.
    Within that thread, it's still clear that some posts were pulled, so anyone wishing to re-read something immediately understands what happened, regardless of why.
    Would it be difficult to do something similar whenever a whole thread is pulled, just for our convenience?

TIA for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Amazed you don’t see the GR parallel Porto. It was what the guy said himself on here that brought him down (bugging, barefaced *** about what his biz card says, etc)
    Sorry I was thinking of the larger picture of what happened next to GR ,s business t/o , after his “ moment “
    The superyacht broker RS works for his not gonna be dramatically effected business wise ,by his reported behaviour to other exhibitors they won’t even feel a ripple .

Not anymore I’m not
    oh go on I think you should try.

I'll sell the tickets

They pulled them to make them invisible on a “ google search “ or similar search of social media etc etc of the main players names .

A few years ago while attending a school parents open event , it was choosing the right A levels aimed at 16 y olds that had just finished exams .
    Parents and pupils say 2/300 sat in a auditorium, various presentations during the 1 hour by 6 th formers , past alumni and the head of 6 th form development.
    Basic stuff like if you want to be doctor do sciences of which biology is gonna help .
    Anyhow at the end the head stud up and kinda apologised for what we going to see next played on a vid on the big screen .
    He was making a point of the distinctions treating 6 th formers like young adults as opposed to children , that change .
    The vid was a girl / young lady at a 6 th form social event heavily attended a party and she was inebriated and got up on the table and took her top off and bra and basically “ got her tits out for the boys “ .
    It’s was filmed , her name was chanted and the vid put on social media .It went viral .( not from this school btw )
    The vid was pixelated for us btw ,

The point , a very vivid post was some 10 years later she felt there was a glass ceilings her career prospects this vid is out there in the public domain .

So by the mods here axing threads I suspect they disappear and because names have been used the thread won’t come up on a search using that name .

So as soon as mention a name and the thread gets messy ( entertaining as it is for the rest of us ) then I can see why a plea from one party to the mods for removal / erasure is granted .

But as JFM has pointed out the subject himself volunteered his name and Co,s name .

Should have known better and stayed hidden behind his forum name .

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    The superyacht broker RS works for his not gonna be dramatically effected business wise ,by his reported behaviour to other exhibitors they won’t even feel a ripple .
    Except that if a story got out that a brokerage employee of that firm admitted bugging an incoming call, clients like billionaires and rulers of countries (who call their yacht brokers plenty) might be slightly perturbed. Loads of us have that admission screenshotted and could social media broadcast it in seconds. (Just saying in response to your “ripple” point; I’m not going to do that). And if victim prosecuted, as one can privately in France, there would be even more publicity - ABC Broker Gate.

Except that if a story got out that a brokerage employee of that firm admitted bugging an incoming call, clients like billionaires and rulers of countries (who call their yacht brokers plenty) might be slightly perturbed. Loads of us have that admission screenshotted and could social media broadcast it in seconds. (Just saying in response to your “ripple” point; I’m not going to do that). And if victim prosecuted, as one can privately in France, there would be even more publicity - ABC Broker Gate.
    I think we all accept, yourself included, that the recorder call was a bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    I think we all accept, yourself included, that the recorder call was a bluff.
    He said on the record that he bugged the call and the mere saying it is what would spook the billionaires.

He said on the record that he bugged the call and the mere saying it is what would spook the billionaires.
    Fair point. If you don’t mind me asking, do you have any personal interest in the incident, beyond bring a Fairline customer?
    I only ask as you seem to have got yourself heavily involved early doors, and are taking a very personal interest in a spat between two third parties.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast