Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Default Popped into the Southampton boat show yesterday.....

And got fobbed off with a couple of caps......

Thankfully they were given after lunch and a little run out in a Princess F70 to see the show from a water perspective.

We were then dropped off at the show in a Bentley Bentayga and returned in a rather striking Bentley GTC.

An unexpected day out courtesy of Lombard / NatWest and Princess. Surprisingly for one of these functions met some really interesting people as well.

Have a proper rummage round the show at the weekend but access to everything up to and including the Princess Y85 was seamless.

The sun shines down on the righteous.......

Default Re: Popped into the Southampton boat show yesterday.....

So....you get a hat to keep the sun off your eyes whilst using the pen to sign on the dotted line and a torch in case it’s dark and you can’t see the dotted line!

They really do cover all the bases

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames

looks like Yacht Quarters to me.........

Yacht Quarters did come up in conversation but only because someone asked me if people did shared ownership schemes.

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.

Pleased to read that you didnít suffer from the indignity of ďthe great unwashed who couldnít even afford to buy my tenderĒ getting in your way.

A paraphrase from a post you made some years back.

When I reminded you that you are actually a used car salesman.

Good to see a real boat on the left at 48 secs....
    These are the voyages of Play d'eau....www.playdeau.com

You will recall from a recent thread (if itís still there) that I still donít feel paying for a ticket guarantees the right to go wandering round boats. People exhibiting want to distinguish buyers from tourists, how they go about that is their business. Yesterday was easier because it was quieter. The weekend will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Good to see a real boat on the left at 48 secs....
    Hi Piers,
    Nick B has just posted a nice walk thru video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkFzHJuzGBs. I was going to go on the boat yesterday with a friend who was at the show with me but I got waylaid by a long look at the rather nice Princess Y85 showing at 7:52 of Nick's video. My friend thought the 58 was great. The fake teak at 9:00 of the video was interesting (and remember, this partic Fleming 58 was/is 3 years old). Also 3 nice kahlenbergs at 9:50 )

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Hi Piers,
    Nick B has just posted a nice walk thru video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkFzHJuzGBs. I was going to go on the boat yesterday with a friend who was at the show with me but I got waylaid by a long look at the rather nice Princess Y85 showing at 7:52 of Nick's video. My friend thought the 58 was great. The fake teak at 9:00 of the video was interesting (and remember, this partic Fleming 58 was/is 3 years old). Also 3 nice kahlenbergs at 9:50 )
    That is absolutely stunning! 3 years old.....someone’s been busy with a rag

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    You will recall from a recent thread (if itís still there) that I still donít feel paying for a ticket guarantees the right to go wandering round boats. People exhibiting want to distinguish buyers from tourists, how they go about that is their business. Yesterday was easier because it was quieter. The weekend will be different.
    I can see your point but ....

Then why charge people ?

If you want to buy a boat you donít pay for tickets anyway.

If you for whatever reason pay for a ticket then it begs the question why ? I can buy chandlery a garden building bean bags and a jacuzzi on eBay for less.

Is the not a compromise where anyone who exhibits must make available a few middle of the range boats for the general public?

The other option is just make the show free which seems logical to me. I have never understood paying to get in anywhere that they want me to buy something. £5 to enter Tescoís sir. Rather like a hotel resort fee !

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast