Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Equinoctial gale?

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    I am booked on ferry from Le Havre to Portsmouth on Wednesday 25th so I hope that won't be cancelled. I have to attend a funeral next day (not mine on this occasion).
    Messing around in solent this w/e having bottled sailing to St Vaast tonight. Perfect wind, but Monday return looks risky.

And great to see you back ....well done all

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

I am fitting a new bog whilst the Professional Navigator does the passage plan tomorrow, and if we get finished we are going to SIBS on Sunday.

I have spoken to the weather gods and asked them to let the gale blow through in mid week but to give us a SW F4-5 next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Messing around in solent this w/e having bottled sailing to St Vaast tonight. Perfect wind, but Monday return looks risky.

And great to see you back ....well done all
    Thank you for your kind words.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend in the Solent. Although whether you will find oysters anywhere there to match those in St Vaast ...........

Time for a little gloat. Yesterday, at Arradon in the Golfe du Morbihan, I bought delicious size 3 oysters at 8€ a dozen.

My only regret is not moving my boat out to Southern Brittany 22 years ago, when I bought her. It really is a delightful cruising area.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Jolly good to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminescent View Post
    It has periods of sunshine and daylight O_o I have my doubts in its accuracy
    I've spent my life watching weather, we got a lot in the west Highlands as a child, you will have the same in Wales.

Because of school holidays and work we need to take holidays about the same time each year and I was impressed at the overall singularity of that table. We usually holiday in late July and often when we get back to work in early August we have a period of unsettled weather, thinking back two summers we crossed la Manche the day after a F7 blew through, the 4 m waves were impressive.
    Cynical Scottish very nearly retired engineer who sails a Gib'Sea 96.

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    You might find this interesting

https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/singularities.asp#

Sounds about right for me.
    Thanks, I've not seen that facility before. Very interesting.
    I wonder how much it will be edited due to fast developing Global Warming?

I like the line near the top "Autumn Rains", this year we've had it's cousin "Summer Rains"
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I've spent my life watching weather, we got a lot in the west Highlands as a child, you will have the same in Wales.

Because of school holidays and work we need to take holidays about the same time each year and I was impressed at the overall singularity of that table. We usually holiday in late July and often when we get back to work in early August we have a period of unsettled weather, thinking back two summers we crossed la Manche the day after a F7 blew through, the 4 m waves were impressive.
    Yes, we get weather 365 days a year; some of it is quite pleasant - but not, I'm sad to say, this year. AFAIK
    Kay Sarah Sarah
    57°51.42' N 5°29.44' W

Time for a little gloat. Yesterday, at Arradon in the Golfe du Morbihan, I bought delicious size 3 oysters at 8€ a dozen.
    I’ll check today how those prices compare with Gosport

Thank you for your kind words.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend in the Solent. Although whether you will find oysters anywhere there to match those in St Vaast ...........

My only regret is not moving my boat out to Southern Brittany 22 years ago, when I bought her. It really is a delightful cruising area.
    At first glance I mis read and thought you said 'time for a little goat' .......

Anyway welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post
    Jolly good to see you back.
    Thanks.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast