Default Dover traffic problems

Sat 21 Sept
    There is going to be a big climate change demo/ blockade of Dover port. Timed to start at 11.00 and finish at 15.00 they intend to block the Eastern docks by closing Jubilee Way and the A20 at the pedestrian crossing 200yards West of the ferry terminal entrance. If they do that I expect it will be very difficult to get anywhere in or around Dover as the traffic will back up towards Folkestone on the A20 and Canterbury on the A2. Best avoided.

Default Re: Dover traffic problems

Just think of the environmental damage from all those running engines stuck in traffic.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Amazing that the authorities just passively let it happen. Surely shutting down a port is financial terrorism?
    And yes it will cause lots of large truck, ship and freezer plant engines to belch out tons of extra smoke waiting on standby.

I passed through Dover a few days ago and the Wellington looks fuller than I have ever known it, good to see lots of masts in there. I suppose they are mostly refugees from Granville. I hope Dover stays busy as a yacht haven after the changes, I love the place 'warts and all'.
    "Now shall the gentleman haul and draw with the mariner"
    John Hawkins

Amazing that the authorities just passively let it happen. Surely shutting down a port is financial terrorism?
    It never stopped the french!