Default KAMD 300 odd thing happened yesterday

Whilst tying up to a mooring buoy yesterday, I had both engines idling in neutral after an 17 mile run.
    for no apparent reason the port engine decided to increase to @ 1500 rpm.
    It behaved in exactly the same way as if I had pressed and held down the N (neutral) button and pushed the throttle a long way forwards, If you do this on a KA(M)D engine there is a speed limiter at @ 1500 rpm to stop you doing anything too horrible to the engine.
    I turned the engine off with the ignition key. Waited about 30 seconds then restarted it where upon it resumed running at @ 1500 rpm in neutral bouncing off the speed limiter. Stopped it again left it alone for half an hour then isolated the batteries, counted to 20 turned the batteries back on again.
    Restarted the engine everything perfect again. No problems on the return journey, mooring up etc.

I did wonder if some water had got into the selector control pad, shorting out the N button, however something similar would also have to happen in the separate throttle control. Which seems a bit unlikely.

Is this a software bug? or is it something else?

Default Re: KAMD 300 odd thing happened yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    Whilst tying up to a mooring buoy yesterday, I had both engines idling in neutral after an 17 mile run.
    for no apparent reason the port engine decided to increase to @ 1500 rpm.
    It behaved in exactly the same way as if I had pressed and held down the N (neutral) button and pushed the throttle a long way forwards, If you do this on a KA(M)D engine there is a speed limiter at @ 1500 rpm to stop you doing anything too horrible to the engine.
    I turned the engine off with the ignition key. Waited about 30 seconds then restarted it where upon it resumed running at @ 1500 rpm in neutral bouncing off the speed limiter. Stopped it again left it alone for half an hour then isolated the batteries, counted to 20 turned the batteries back on again.
    Restarted the engine everything perfect again. No problems on the return journey, mooring up etc.

I did wonder if some water had got into the selector control pad, shorting out the N button, however something similar would also have to happen in the separate throttle control. Which seems a bit unlikely.

Are you sure it was 1500 not 1100 ,was edc yellow lamp flashing?

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post

Those mysterious Loom issue my VP guy ( a Fr version of our Volvo Paul on here ) with told me about I alluded to in Peter,s thread hes linked ^^^ .

You seem from past posts au fait with multi pin connector issues and taken mitigating action , so if the throttle body on the helms not been drenched recently......

Quote Originally Posted by volvopaul View Post
    Are you sure it was 1500 not 1100 ,was edc yellow lamp flashing?
    Pretty sure. I didn't see an EDC light flashing . No fault code showing when I reset the engine - what are you thinking?
    We had 36 hours of serious rain and very strong winds last week so could be water has got into something. The chart plotter had moisture on the inside of the display.
    Last edited by kashurst; 21-09-19 at 07:02.