Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ceiling Panel Fabric

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Mike, did you get the samples that I sent to you?
    Sorry, I forgot to thank you.
    Yes, they arrived but are quite different from the original suede finish.
    Thanks anyway - they do show what is available though.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I re did mine last time I was down in alcantara.

Given it will all be knackered just replace the lot with the closest alcantara. They sell foamed and non foamed which is useful as some areas need the non foam product.
    Where did you source your alcantara?

As above. Martrim.

Pm me an email and I will send pics. I am away and the thought of figuring out how to post pics from a phone makes me want to take a swim !

I re did mine last time I was down in alcantara.
    Let me guess J, have you been inspired by the interiors of my boat?
    Anyway, excellent choice indeed. If there is a better material for boat interiors, I've yet to come across it.
    Wherever I don't have wood panels in ceilings and walls, I have Alcantara (bathrooms aside).
    15yo by now, fitted as standard by the builder, and if their current conditions are anything to go by, they are more than likely to outlive me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Very slow progress on this one.
    I have contacted Lang and Potter who have been helpful.
    From our yard and slot numbers, we were able to track down the ceiling fabric product details.
    It seems that it is called:-

Safari Primasuede
    Manufactured by Majilite

Lang and Potter don't have any left - stopped using it a long time ago.
    I am waiting for them to get back to me to see if they can source any.

So, if anyone knows of any other routes I could explore, I would be very interested.

I'm sure that most Princesses of our "vintage" would have used that exact fabric.
    There is a P58 next to us in SC with exactly the same problems and the same fabric.
    It seems that the ceiling fabric that matches our 2008 Princess is now marketed under the name of:-
    Buff Primasuede
    and it is made by Majilite

I head down tomorrow and have a large roll of Alcantara foam backed from Martrim

I just got off the phone with Martrim and they told me they do genuine Alcantara but not foam backed. They do some other, similar, foam backed coverings and they are sending me some samples. I'll post back on here when I have had a look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by PEJ View Post
    I just got off the phone with Martrim and they told me they do genuine Alcantara but not foam backed. They do some other, similar, foam backed coverings and they are sending me some samples. I'll post back on here when I have had a look at them.
    I got a sample of the Magnolia from Martrim and it isn't a good enough match.
    Also, as you say, not with the foam back.
    On the other hand, I have a sample of the original Buff Primasuede from Majilite which is a perfect match.
    A tiny change of shade due to the older fabric fading but I don't thing it would notice.
    I'm waiting for a price for the Buff Primasuede - it would have to be shipped from America.

They do do form backed real alcantara. I sent hurricane the invoice ! I had both backed and unbacked supplied ( some surfaces need non foam

They do do form backed real alcantara. I sent hurricane the invoice ! I had both backed and unbacked supplied ( some surfaces need non foam
    Yep - thanks for sending me that stuff.
    I have a separate area (a wall covering) that has started to bubble and the alcantara (non foam) would seem to be best for that - so thanks for your help.

I used it on some solid panels in the ceiling. Fairline did the same ( not in Alcantara) as those don't have a panel where you can overlap and staple from behind. As such if you then used a foam material it would stand proud and properly peel off. The non foam material just sticks .

There are also areas that trim round the opening hatch in the ceiling and some other areas where the panel cant be removed that are better done in the non foam material.

Whilst possibly obvious - do make sure to use high temp spray glue - the non high temperature stuff will fail in the med sun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123