Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What’s included in a sale!

Yes, she has two comparably large-ish fuel tanks. It was early morning, and we knew it would be a stretch to make it to the coastal sea wall before midnight. The broker wasn’t around and we were focussed on a 4-day passage across the North Sea. We filled-up at a floating fuel berth.

Theft; yes, but we realised that we couldn’t prove anything, and having an argument from another country wasn’t going to work, so we just had to accept the bitter taste we were left with.
    My Macwester Malin website, blog & photobank http://macwester.wordpress.com

Next time I made a home made bill of sale for this purpose, for me and the next deal up the chain.
    "Abc will sell and Xyz will buy....." followed by a list of everything reasonable to list, inc the dip of the tank, signed both parties and witnessed. Still needed the formal bill of sale but it established the basics.
    A solicitor was quite impressed with it. (When one of them tried to wriggle about a bit).

It can work both ways. An inventory can avoid you taking on more than you bargained for too, such as a boat full of rubbish the vendor wants to get rid of. You might have empty fuel tanks but did they leave you a brimming black water tank?

When we sold our sailboat, we made certain there was a written inventory and that everything we wanted to keep had been removed from the boat prior to photos being taken and prior to viewings. The fuel tank was full - we wanted to sell the boat, not nitpick over minor details.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123