Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Foredeck / Bow riding

This guard rail thing , the “holly than thou “ attitude that they will be the great saviour of a fall overboard in a sports boat when folks ride on the bow area , well here’s a pic .
    It’s not something I’ve ever thought about as we don’t have any .

Just seems to me with theses 40/50:ftr s ( theses a Abate 52 R of field ) the fwd coach roof is tilted making a roll off easy and the rail posts pretty wide apart .In other words big gaps to slip through, Well at this size .
    No sure about Pete T34 .This pics in Italy they are loyal to there own .

pic upload

There were no rails, and this guy didn't fall off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_eqKYsyfI

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    There were no rails, and this guy didn't fall off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av_eqKYsyfI
    oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post

Just seems to me with theses 40/50:ftr s ( theses a Abate 52 R of field ) the fwd coach roof is tilted making a roll off easy and the rail posts pretty wide apart .In other words big gaps to slip through, Well at this size .
    No sure about Pete T34 .This pics in Italy they are loyal to there own .
    They probably end up flat when on the plane then Porto Must be a design feature

We have done but only very calm & helm keeps a very distant look out so as to warn of any upcoming hazards.We have grab rails around sunbed up front to grab, attach jacket to.

Incidentally, I'm not very keen on towing ringos and stiff from the big boat although I know my partner has done it. Ropes and people in water and props spinning - no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Incidentally, I'm not very keen on towing ringos and stiff from the big boat although I know my partner has done it. Ropes and people in water and props spinning - no thanks.
    I used to tow toys with a cranchi 33.

You could visibly see the fuel gauge fall - constant acceleration etc plays full consumption havoc !

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Hi, you bring a serious subect to the forum. My answer would be an abolute 'no, no'. Why? Just imagine the person slipping through the railings. What would happen? They'd go straight under the hull and be made mince meat by the props.
    An MBM cruise is a bit different (offshore) to 5 minutes across Osborne bay.

I think you could consider yourself "highly unlucky" if you somehow managed to let go of the rail, bounced across the deck, somehow missed the fender basket, and slid through the 10inch gap between the guardrails and wires, failing to grab anything as you went.

Compare this to the risk of falling over the side of the upper escalator in Dublin airport?

fwiw (not much...)

med, D speeds and up to 3-4 force wind, ppl are often moving back and forth sunbathing or just sitting at the bow, np
    5 on the nose with the short chop we usually get, bow it's not a nice place to be, no need to give instructions they just come back by themselves.

V.

I came across this boat this morning with a crew member who would be unable to grab the railings

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast