Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Maxum sat for while

98 ... 3000 ... donít go stealing my thunder haha .... boat yard reckons itís ok and been winterised ... Im getting a local surveyor to check the basics ..
    thinking Iíll pull both engines and get them refurbed .. same with the legs .. new start motors .. and then see how I get on ..
    As long as it havenít been submerged or holed and patched Iím reasonably happy

I've bought a couple of boats from the states and done quite well out of them but 8k plus shipping and duty ce marking etc sounds too much for a 98 boat. Although I've done well out of the boats I've bought the yanks aren't the best people to do business with I'm not saying there all liars but they can be economical with the truth. I also used to but a lot of vehicles from Japan and found the Japanese could be trusted more than the yanks.
    Check with someone like CE proof what the status of getting the boat ce marked before you buy

Thanks for the replyís .. the shipping is 4.5 k .. all told I reckon i could save 7 k against the same boat over here .. with a contingency for it being not brand new

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalierbond View Post
    Thanks for the reply’s .. the shipping is 4.5 k .. all told I reckon i could save 7 k against the same boat over here .. with a contingency for it being not brand new
    7k saving on a boat like that isnt realy a great saving tbh given the risk. Have you checked the freight cost with the boat on a trailer? Its usually cheaper if its rolling & trailers are cheap in the usa and sell well over here.
    Have you looked into getting it CE marked? It is a legal requirement for any imported vessels and can run into several thousand depending on the boat also some engines won't comply

But you can buy a Maxum locally for 8k with UK trailer etc and devoid yourself of risk.

Some examples

https://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/...for-sale/Maxum

Maxum 3000 mate .. £30-£40 k uk prices ..

Ah, OK. But a quick look at their cost in the USA shows the same value. So if you are getting it so cheap the very big ask is why?

98 ... 3000 ... don’t go stealing my thunder haha .... boat yard reckons it’s ok and been winterised ... Im getting a local surveyor to check the basics ..
    thinking I’ll pull both engines and get them refurbed .. same with the legs .. new start motors .. and then see how I get on ..
    As long as it haven’t been submerged or holed and patched I’m reasonably happy
    If its that cheap and has been "winterised" what are the chances the engines actually run? I take it you have costed the price of new manifolds, risers, bellows, gimbals etc all x2 or x4 as you have two V6s? I'm surprised you can't find a similar project in the UK going cheap given that a 30 foot boat with twin petrol V6s is not exactly going to be in high demand.

I very much doubt a 98 30ft maxum with v6 petrols is worth 30-40k, you might see them advertised for that sort of figure but I doubt many sell for that

What do you reckon the going rate is ??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast