Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Maxum sat for while

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalierbond View Post
    Where have I tried to troll mate ??
    So do you have to be in the 50ft plus range to be one here ??or have a sense of humour ??
    40ft is fine for me, which I bought when I was 25... not that it's any of your business.

I have a sense of humour, but for it to be activated, there must be humour in the first place. Don't see any here...

Keep saving your pocket money, you'll get an Aldi inflatable toy by Christmas

Neither though the latter helps. What you are trying to do has been tried and asked many times before. If you can pull it off cheaply kudos to you. It's unlikely though. Everybody has a dream and thats great but trying to do boat on a dream very seldom works out. Based on experience there is no such thing as a cheap boat. In fact buying a cheap boat is very likely to cost you much, MUCH, more than simply buying a good boat from the start. Personal experience here. So honest advice is if you cannot afford the going rate then tread extremely carefully or take a wide punt and hope like hell you're in the 1% that just hit dumb luck.

Well done “ alt “ you seem a right wally .. tell us your success story ..nobs like you are a right screem round the marina .. bet you own your own one by 30

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalierbond View Post
    Well done “ alt “ you seem a right wally .. tell us your success story ..nobs like you are a right screem round the marina .. bet you own your own one by 30
    @Cavalierbond, calm down a bit mate, the flak you're getting is entirely self-inflicted, and biting back at the experienced advice you're getting is just doing you no favours at all.

I had a look at Yachtworld, and if I'm looking at the correct boat even in the photos that does look *very* tired. Buying a shed like that completely blind is just madness. Either have a fun trip to the US to go and look at it first so you really know what you're getting into, or buy something in Europe instead. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    @Cavalierbond, calm down a bit mate, the flak you're getting is entirely self-inflicted, and biting back at the experienced advice you're getting is just doing you no favours at all.

I had a look at Yachtworld, and if I'm looking at the correct boat even in the photos that does look *very* tired. Buying a shed like that completely blind is just madness. Either have a fun trip to the US to go and look at it first so you really know what you're getting into, or buy something in Europe instead. Best of luck.
    I disagree Jimmy, I also found the boat, it looks a real beauty and I think the OP should snap it up quick before I do.

Another zinger

Thanks for the advise Jimmy .. and all the other positive reply’s

If you are saving £10k plus it would be worth the expense to fly over and see it for yourself.

I will not buy a Mercury, new or used, but thats just my opinion.
    RELAX, Rum may not be the answer, but nor is water or juice. Now what is your Question?

If you are serious about going electric, you might be better driving a shaft boat , or you can go around most boat yards and you will find a 30 ft sports boat with petrol engines normally with a Broken leg or 2 ,t to go electric would cost above 50k.

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    If you are serious about going electric, you might be better driving a shaft boat , or you can go around most boat yards and you will find a 30 ft sports boat with petrol engines normally with a Broken leg or 2 ,t to go electric would cost above 50k.
    Now you're just being arsy. You can pick up a couple 200kW motors for under 11k. All you then need is a really, really long extension lead.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast