Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ... And that's a wrap, folks!

As we're based in West Ireland, we are very much seasonal. With the imminent approach of Storm Lorenzo and the fact we'll be spending a lot of time between now and January abroad, seemed like a logical time to winterise the boat.

2 Full days between servicing (yes, we service at the END of season), winterising, cleaning etc....

Pointless picture below offering a very nervous laugh & wave.... we have great friends running our local club with great equipment (the trailer is my own, but we also have a lifter), but it's always a nerve wracking time.

To our Med members: Please keep posting pics, it'll brighten up the sh1tty Irish winter days

Default Re: ... And that's a wrap, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    To our Med members: Please keep posting pics, it'll brighten up the sh1tty Irish winter days
    No, problem
    Not boaty, but this was yesterday during a local dog walk. If you look carefully you can see the pink flamingos. What’s nice about it is that it’s alongside the beach and sea

Ps. Nice looking boat
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Mosquitos heaven ?

We've just booked flights for the end of October so might be able to post one final set of sunny Med pics.

We are off to Lanzarote. Had a Thomas cook flight so we cancelled the whole holiday and booked one with the same company to the same hotel £200 cheaper. Lots of boats there but big Seas at times
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    We are off to Lanzarote. Had a Thomas cook flight so we cancelled the whole holiday and booked one with the same company to the same hotel £200 cheaper. Lots of boats there but big Seas at times
    Lots of boats that never move!

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Mosquitos heaven ?
    Yes, someone like me who is a mosquito magnet can’t go into their own garden because of them that’s one reason I like Porquerolles so much, no mosquitoes
    The council used to control them but the greens made them use bio insecticides, completely useless, that summer the mosquitoes were so thick that they looked liked they could carry you off. The flood of a couple of years back killed all the frogs (or at least washed their spawn away) that led to a big increase in mosquitoes.
    There’s no such thing as paradise
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

And I thought someone else was going to wrap a boat! Dont do it!

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    We've just booked flights for the end of October so might be able to post one final set of sunny Med pics.
    We should be there also. Lunch?

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    We should be there also. Lunch?
    That would be great.

Have you still got the little boat at Altea or did you move to Portosenso? We quite often pop down there for a beer at the end of the day. I was a little concerned about the shelter I the harbour but it looks pretty good to me. We haven't managed to summon the courage to take our boat in there, not that there appears to be visitor berths.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast