Default Replacement cockpit flooring

Hi our boat has snap in carpets in the cockpit which we replaced with new when we bought her 6 or 7 years ago. They are now looking a little worse for wear and we want to replace them. We don't fancy carpet again as being in Scotland they rarely get the opportunity to fully dry out & we now have small children on board who always find the wet patch. We don't want to go to teak decking or fake & would prefer something we can lift out over winter & to brush off the million labrador hairs our dog leaves every day. Were maybe looking for something that doesn't exist but thought I'd ask, any one any suggestions for something that's better underfoot than the patterned fibreglass deck, that doesn't soak water and take an age to dry & can be lifted to clean & store etc
    Cheers
    Ken

Default Re: Replacement cockpit flooring

Try Ifinity marine woven vynil ( can be glued or press studded) ours has been down three years still looks like new,
    Can be pressure washed, bleached etc I think ten guarantee
    http://https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/accessories/infinity-woven-vinyl-marine-flooring/
    Last edited by fred247; 03-10-19 at 18:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamishken View Post
    Hi our boat has snap in carpets in the cockpit which we replaced with new when we bought her 6 or 7 years ago. They are now looking a little worse for wear and we want to replace them. We don't fancy carpet again as being in Scotland they rarely get the opportunity to fully dry out & we now have small children on board who always find the wet patch. We don't want to go to teak decking or fake & would prefer something we can lift out over winter & to brush off the million labrador hairs our dog leaves every day. Were maybe looking for something that doesn't exist but thought I'd ask, any one any suggestions for something that's better underfoot than the patterned fibreglass deck, that doesn't soak water and take an age to dry & can be lifted to clean & store etc
    Cheers
    Ken
    I’d say reconsider the fake teak option. Mines been down 6 years now and I’ve never regretted it. Fit and forget. If it gets grubby you can jetwash it. If it gets scratched you can sand it.

Plus 1 for flexiteak - our decks look like new after 4 years but have a look around a few marinas at flexiteak boats and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fred247 View Post
    Try Ifinity marine woven vynil ( can be glued or press studded) ours has been down three years still looks like new,
    Can be pressure washed, bleached etc I think ten guarantee
    http://https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/accessories/infinity-woven-vinyl-marine-flooring/
    Resized_DSC_0323_9232.jpeg
    This is our infinity

The infinity looks like it might suit us I've requested some samples thank you for the info so far. I'd still be interested in any other options. Preferably something we can loose lay or snap in rather than permanently fitted

What you see in the picture along with the platform & flybridge are fitted with snap fasterners and can all be taken up
    Zoom in on the pic and you can see the fastners. Pm me your email and i can send you more pics
    We had flexiteak on a previous boat and found it hot during the summer, used to stain and when sanded went patchy also started lift if really hot.
    Last edited by fred247; 05-10-19 at 22:48.

Have a look at Wasserdek.co.uk
    Spongy floor that looks like wood. They laser cut in logos etc so I understand. If I decide to redo my floor I will certainly be taking a close look.