Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D6 Fuel Alarm

Default D6 Fuel Alarm

Hi All,

I have this really annoying issue which I can’t seem to find the answer to anywhere online. I have twin d6 engines and whenever i turn on the ignition, I get a ‘fuel alarm’ warning on the port engine (see picture), which I have to clear before going on. This appears only if the tank is less than 80% full. According to the Volvo manuals this is ‘user setting’ that you can set to trigger at whatever fuel level you like. Someone seems to have set mine on one engine only to 80%, that obviously being a critically low fuel level

E66A5A54-4901-464C-AFB2-007778332191.jpg

Well I have searched online and throughout the Volvo manuals and played with all of the settings i can access via the Volvo EVC control pad, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to change the setting to stop that warning going off on start up. It is a minor irritant, but I’d love to get rid of it...

So I’d be really grateful if anyone know how to set the ‘fuel alarm’ via the EVC settings?

Thanks all in advance!
    Best
    G.

Default Re: D6 Fuel Alarm

What EVC generation is it? If you don’t know or aren’t sure, what is the engine serial number? If you can send that I’ll look up the procedure & send it over

Hi Andy,

Many Thanks in advance for the help. The engine serial numbers are:
    D6-370l-B HS

The second engine is the same, but 2006018253

I look forward to hearing from you,
    Best
    G.

I am pretty sure you can calibrate the number of tanks when it's full or relatively empty (less than 20%) to perform a fuel multipoint calibration. Sounds like someone may have set the fuel alarm to go off way too soon.

Look at pages 34-35 in your D6 operator's manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage View Post
    Look at pages 34-35 in your D6 operator's manual.
    Hi Advantage - I’m not sure how tank calibration is related to the fuel alarm? Both tanks appear to be pretty accurately calibrated, from looking at my actual fuel consumption. Page 35 does talk about the fuel alarm, but it doesn’t give any indication of how to set it, it just says that if the pop up appears it is because the tank is below the fuel alarm ‘setpoint’. I can’t seem to find anything on the elusive ‘setpoint’ anywhere..

Call Heinz at 315-778-6724. He will be able to tell you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftie View Post
    That's an excellent post. Section 7. OP should be sorted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftie View Post
    Brilliant Croftie - many many thanks, it looks like that should sort me out. I won’t be back on the boat for a few days, but will post and confirm that it has worked.

Thanks once again to Croftie and to everyone who contributed!
    Best
    Guy.

Hi All,
    Just to close this off, the instructions in the installers manual that Croftie sent have done the trick....who would have guessed at the secret key combo to get to a user setting

I now no longer have the annoying fuel alarm go off every time I start the ignition! Many thanks everyone for helping!
    Best
    Guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast