Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Delivery from Algarve

Quote Originally Posted by Graham376 View Post
    Which in 99% of cases are danbuoys on weighted line without pick-up buoy line (unlike the UK) so not actually the problem people worry about. 12 years in Portugal and so far haven't personally met anyone who caught one.
    Motoring from Finisterre to Horta, got polyprop wrapped around prop when halfway, almost didn't make it before major storm hit.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty123 View Post
    Motoring from Finisterre to Horta, got polyprop wrapped around prop when halfway, almost didn't make it before major storm hit.
    I've had polyprop around the prop as well but not from snagging a danbuoy. Met a guy one time who had run into the well marked Barbate tuna net, IIRC it cost him around 1.5k euro to be released and pay for alleged damage he had caused.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    You've met me and I have!

Actually I think the line we snagged had been cut by someone else and it was floating under the surface. It was green polypropylene in a right snarl, must have been at least fifty metres long. Had to dive to cut it off the prop. Was off, I think, Tavira around May time.
    The polyprop, also long length, I picked up was between Tavira and the Guadiana and others have reported line there, suspected to be offcuts from tuna net maintenance. Stripper didn't cut ours so like you had to dive but at least it was flat calm and warm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234