Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: No more procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Very well done ……… Now you get to do loads of little jobs and buy stuff for her
    By chance you did not stay on a little caravan site at Southampton for the boat show did you ?

Called Sunnydale

Dennis
    No Dennis wasn't me. I only live 45mins away from Southampton.
    Yes there a few jobs to do. The most difficult being fitting a holding tank. Theres plenty of room to fit one next to the heads seacock. Running the deck outlet is the most awkward part.

I've just had an updated new battery charger fitted. Then theres the Radar to repair/replace. Repair the horn. Stereo system needs updating and TVs fitted to cabins.

The boat came with a full engine and outdrive service and the added benefit of a new and better bow thruster. Fully valeted, AF, cleaned and proofed canopies, serviced heating, serviced engine bay extinguisher, newly upholstered cockpit seating.

I would like to thank 'Dorset Dan' of this forum for putting me in touch with the vendor Vince from Permateek. The boat wasn't going on the market until all works were completed but we agreed a deal 7-8 weeks ago. Anything picked up on the hull and engine surveys was addressed without question. Even down to fitting a new bbq grill unit. He's been a joy to buy from and nothing was too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    I would like to thank 'Dorset Dan' of this forum for putting me in touch with the vendor Vince from Permateek. The boat wasn't going on the market until all works were completed but we agreed a deal 7-8 weeks ago. Anything picked up on the hull and engine surveys was addressed without question. Even down to fitting a new bbq grill unit. He's been a joy to buy from and nothing was too much trouble.
    No problem for the introduction, the s38 is a nice example, she was berthed a few boats down from me before Vince took it in p/x against a previous boat sale.

I saw her after the polish / valet / AF and new upholstery, I was very impressed with how she was looking! I hope that you have lots of fun and many years of happy ownership.

Nice one Russ. I said I thought Vince was a decent chap.

After looking at 9 S34’s and 4 surveys later, I’m now the proud owner of a 2005 S38.
    Well done Russ, wishing you many seasons happy boating. I'm liking the idea that it took you 9 goes at an S34 to work out that what you actually wanted was an S38

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Well done Russ, wishing you many seasons happy boating. I'm liking the idea that it took you 9 goes at an S34 to work out that what you actually wanted was an S38
    Whilst looking at a few S34's all in the same area we thought it would be worth a look a nearby S38. The feeling of the extra space and styling made it another option. All be it larger than we were considering.

After some homework we took a second look but decided against it. One of a few reasons being the lack of written proof of hull being strengthened.
    So back to looking at a stock boat S34 which then fell through.(Luckily)

Then the contact via Dan for this one.

Congratulations Russ, now about the pictures.

Whilst looking at a few S34's all in the same area we thought it would be worth a look a nearby S38. The feeling of the extra space and styling made it another option. All be it larger than we were considering.

After some homework we took a second look but decided against it. One of a few reasons being the lack of written proof of hull being strengthened.
    So back to looking at a stock boat S34 which then fell through.(Luckily)

Then the contact via Dan for this one.
    I'm also looking at an s38 at the moment, the boat like yours doesnt have any written proof of the hull being strengthened although the owner ensures me it has be strengthened.
    Can I ask what measures you have taken to ensure that the it's ok, I'm struggling to find information on the hull repairs.
    Thanks

E
    Quote Originally Posted by gery w View Post
    I'm also looking at an s38 at the moment, the boat like yours doesnt have any written proof of the hull being strengthened although the owner ensures me it has be strengthened.
    Can I ask what measures you have taken to ensure that the it's ok, I'm struggling to find information on the hull repairs.
    Thanks
    Fortunately I have a signed warranty letter from Sealine saying the work has been completed plus I had a separate hull survey.
    The one before didn’t have anything except a previous survey report. So with some other costly faults we decided to not pursue.
    Destys repaired many along with the Sealine factory but Desty didn’t have a record of that boat and Sealine records are no longer available.

Good hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by gery w View Post
    Thanks
    Desty were charging something like £25k per boat for the repairs - not what you’d call a cheap fix. It’s important that you can confirm that the work was done, somehow. A good surveyor should be able to help.

Once strengthened, they are great boats.

There is more room “down below” than on my SC35, and the cockpit seats are more comfy.
    More room around the forward berth, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    Desty were charging something like £25k per boat for the repairs - not what you’d call a cheap fix. It’s important that you can confirm that the work was done, somehow. A good surveyor should be able to help.

Once strengthened, they are great boats.

There is more room “down below” than on my SC35, and the cockpit seats are more comfy.
    More room around the forward berth, too.
    Desty's are now quoting 42k for the work if required on the s38, however I'm sure the work could be completed elsewhere to the same standard if we knew what was required.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast