Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute Growth

Default Re: Absolute Growth

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    One thing I noticed with the bigger Absolutes (72) and Navetta (73) is that they had small tanks, 3500L and 4000L respectively. That's small to me but maybe the norm?
    Not huge but they also have only two by 1000 hp Volvo 13 liter engine i.e the D13. While competition will have the 15 liter or more engines and 1500hp in similar size.
    Yes the Abs are not bullets, but they design these flat section hulls about 12 degrees deadrise aft to be fuel efficient and to make best use of IPS. So it is enough.
    You can get 900 nm at 8 knots from the Navetta 73 and only 230 at a fast 17 knots.

Love these. One day. One day...

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    Well, I believe in investing in fiberglass
    But in truth, if I had Ďinvestedí in a Grand Banks, a Nordhavn and (according to Porto) an Itama, I would be in financial profit
    No you wouldnt. Every boat is a money pit (I've owned 13 of them) and the word 'investment' should never be used in the same sentence as the word 'boat'

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    Yes the Abs are not bullets, but they design these flat section hulls about 12 degrees deadrise aft to be fuel efficient and to make best use of IPS. So it is enough.
    You can get 900 nm at 8 knots from the Navetta 73 and only 230 at a fast 17 knots.
    Not great though is it? The Navettas are supposed to be trawler type yachts which implies long distance cruising capability. I was watching a YouTube video on the new Navetta 68 last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fBpiCD_SE. Lovely boat with many excellent cruising features but only 3500 litres of fuel and 910 litres of water which is less than my Ferretti 630. Nobody is going to convince me that IPS drives in such a big heavy flybridge boat are more efficient than shaftdrives so that gives the N68 less range than my F630. The N68 should have at least 4500 litres of fuel and 1500 litres of water if it is to be considered as a proper cruising boat

Having said that, well done to Absolute

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    No you wouldnt. Every boat is a money pit (I've owned 13 of them) and the word 'investment' should never be used in the same sentence as the word 'boat'
    Youíve owned (invested) in more boats than me and you are richer than me I think that proves my point

Not great though is it? The Navettas are supposed to be trawler type yachts which implies long distance cruising capability. I was watching a YouTube video on the new Navetta 68 last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fBpiCD_SE. Lovely boat with many excellent cruising features but only 3500 litres of fuel and 910 litres of water which is less than my Ferretti 630. Nobody is going to convince me that IPS drives in such a big heavy flybridge boat are more efficient than shaftdrives so that gives the N68 less range than my F630. The N68 should have at least 4500 litres of fuel and 1500 litres of water if it is to be considered as a proper cruising boat

Having said that, well done to Absolute
    I think that nowadays we have the lifestyle trawlers (like the Navettas) itís all about how much room (and headroom) you can get into a given length of boat. Are they even A rated?
    Still, it would be perfect for me, itís not like my wife is going to let me cross an ocean

Youíve owned (invested) in more boats than me and you are richer than me I think that proves my point
    If only that were true. One day when I'm retired and bored I'm going to add up all the money I've wasted on buying and selling boats and all the money I've wasted looking after them and then compare that to the number of fast cars and even faster women I could have enjoyed had I not been infected with the boating bug

I think that nowadays we have the lifestyle trawlers (like the Navettas) itís all about how much room (and headroom) you can get into a given length of boat. Are they even A rated?
    Still, it would be perfect for me, itís not like my wife is going to let me cross an ocean
    True these boats are as much about lifestyle as cruising but any boat that calls itself a trawler style boat should be capable of crossing from SoF to Majorca or across Biscay at reasonable speed on one tank of fuel and I doubt whether the Navettas could do either of those. Dont get me wrong. I think Absolute have hit the marketing g-spot with their Navetta line, as have Beneteau with their Swift Trawlers but its a bit like the SUV 4x4 market. Everybody buys these cars to look rufty tufty but very few actually take them off road

True these boats are as much about lifestyle as cruising but any boat that calls itself a trawler style boat should be capable of crossing from SoF to Majorca or across Biscay at reasonable speed on one tank of fuel and I doubt whether the Navettas could do either of those. Dont get me wrong. I think Absolute have hit the marketing g-spot with their Navetta line, as have Beneteau with their Swift Trawlers but its a bit like the SUV 4x4 market. Everybody buys these cars to look rufty tufty but very few actually take them off road
    Exactly right, when you visit your local Nordhavn dealer it will become obvious what a real passage maker consists of and costs
    A pretend Trawler is good enough for me
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Exactly right, when you visit your local Nordhavn dealer it will become obvious what a real passage maker consists of and costs
    A pretend Trawler is good enough for me
    Yes but there is definitely a market for cruising boats in between planing boats and full on trawlers. Currently thats occupied by the likes of Fleming, Outer Reef, Grand Banks etc but those boats all look very traditional and even old fashioned. Absolute could be competing in this market too if they had just put a bit more thought into tank capacities

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast