Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Might need urgent skipper in S France

***copied from Reader to Reader forum.

Hi all, I might need the services of a skipper at very short notice please, does anyone have recommended contacts?

Trader 47 is currently as Port Napoleon - Marseille, and needs to go to Villefrance-sur-Mer near Nice.

Might need to be in Nice by Sunday for shipping back to the UK.

Cheers
    Colin.

Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...uFjhdc0Bxi7.99

Default Re: Might need urgent skipper in S France

It's a very tight timeframe; why not just fly down and move it yourself? 150nm, you'd do it in a long day.

How ready is it ?
    Whatís its cruise speed ?
    I mean if itís got empty tanks , the toilets are bust , windlass knackered , relatively not kept up with service wise , ie duff bats etc etc .
    When I bought mine a few years back it went for a week in a yard , infact the Apea Mare boat builders and they were all over it like a rash getting ready for a winter Naples / Cannes some 600 miles .
    So we flew in and off we went with some assurance everything worked .
    Eg there was a leaky exhaust manifold at the sea trial so both were removed and replaced in the two week between doing the deal and sailing away .

If itís been stood idle for / years months hmm .......!

Of course disregard my enquires if itís been fettled and is turn key .
    Last edited by Portofino; 08-10-19 at 11:45.

Jimmy, it's a bit far for us with our limited experience. It's incredibly tight timelines, and to be honest I don't think we can achieve this. there are a couple of things I need to do that haven't been. so I think im going to be asking for contacts of someone who would be able to move our boat to Nice in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting on the next shipping date that we can use to get the boat to the UK/N Europe.

Never a good idea to do things like this in a rush.

Agreed pete. ive called off the 'rush' to get our boat to Nice for this weekend.

Portofino, boat has been out of the water having repairs/maintenance carried out over the past couple of months (months because we've been waiting for Cat parts). Boat goes back in the water tomorrow - woohoo. Seatrials tomorrow afternoon maybe.

You could bring it back through the canals from where you are
    sabre 27 - Sarabande - Chichester

we're too tall to bring back by road or canals
    Trader 47
    Air draught 5.1M
    overall height 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Col View Post
    Jimmy, it's a bit far for us with our limited experience. It's incredibly tight timelines, and to be honest I don't think we can achieve this. there are a couple of things I need to do that haven't been. so I think im going to be asking for contacts of someone who would be able to move our boat to Nice in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting on the next shipping date that we can use to get the boat to the UK/N Europe.

Shame. Weather is ok down there at the moment as well. Villefranche is a lovely anchorage and it's fun watching the boats being loaded to the ship there. Easy to get the train back into Nice, tram to airport, and home.

But - @mikef keeps his boat in Antibes and has used a delivery skipper there, might be worth a pm.

Big Col, we shipped a 67' back from Nice in March. My gosh, what a state it was in when unloaded in Southampton. It looked like some monkey had been using an angle-ginder on the ship's deck as there was so much fly-rust all over the boat.

Took me about 3 weeks of solid buffing and polishing to get her back in shape.

Just a warning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast