Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sprayhood cost

Default Re: Sprayhood cost

Quote Originally Posted by pcatterall View Post
    Fold original up and send to Sabre Sails??
    Quote Originally Posted by UK-WOOZY View Post
    my boat came with a sprayhood and stack pack. lookin at replys i never realised they cost so much. seems a rip off, especially when the old one can be used as a template saving the person making one a lot of time
    See post #7 ?
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by UK-WOOZY View Post
    my boat came with a sprayhood and stack pack. lookin at replys i never realised they cost so much. seems a rip off, especially when the old one can be used as a template saving the person making one a lot of time

There is a lot of labour in it.
    I asked my local upholsterer, good guy, and he thought he could copy mine for £375. In the end I preferred to spend the extra 200 to get a guaranteed result, built up from a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch01527 View Post
    I used Sabre Sails in Swansea. £375 and made using my old one as a template. Worked really well and very happy with the result. They also made a stack pack at about the same price.

Attachment 80862
    Same here, they can do it through ebay but if you contact them direct they might pay your postage for you as they don't have to give ebay a cut. I know that's no use to the OP but someone might be interested.
    Last edited by Spyro; 09-10-19 at 18:38.

If having a new sprayhood cut you might ask what type of zips they put in opening windows . We have metal ones which seem prone to ceasing up and I'm not sure I understand why plastic zips aren't used?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123