Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Greek TEPAL

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Med
    Posts
    6,203

    Default Greek TEPAL

    Good morning
    I try not to get involve in it too much in Greece these days ,
    but thought might be worth to bring to multiple owners attention , that it some areas in Greece unless all owners are present when you go to get your boat put out of used the PP won't or can't do so .

    Two people we know have has this problem in two different parts of Greece .
    Ofcause Greece being Greece this may not be the case every where .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    therefore each owner must issue an authorisation for whoever will be organising that.

    This would normally be done at kep as an "exousiodotisi" (authorisation) using the template "ypefthini dilosi". (statutory declaration). If they can get someone to write it in greek they can just take it to KEP and sign there showing their passport. It would basically say "I authorise Mr. X with passport number xxxx to act on my behalf with the port authorities concerning the...placing of our yacht temporarily out of service."

    Also foreign documents probably work too similar to the power of attorney issued by a yacht owning company authorising the skipper to act on their behalf in any matter concerning the yacht. It would need witnessing by lawyer etc.
    Last edited by wwalsh; 10-10-19 at 10:09.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Med
    Posts
    6,203

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    Quote Originally Posted by wwalsh View Post
    therefore each owner must issue an authorisation for whoever will be organising that.

    This would normally be done at kep as an "exousiodotisi" (authorisation) using the template "ypefthini dilosi". (statutory declaration). If they can get someone to write it in greek they can just take it to KEP and sign there showing their passport. It would basically say "I authorise Mr. X with passport number xxxx to act on my behalf with the port authorities concerning the...placing of our yacht temporarily out of service."

    Also foreign documents probably work too similar to the power of attorney issued by a yacht owning company authorising the skipper to act on their behalf in any matter concerning the yacht. It would need witnessing by lawyer etc.
    If , ifs where but they wouldn't made sure a mess of it ,
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK, Greece and Spain
    Posts
    24,531

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    My understanding from the very helpful Chris Robb that if the boat is out of the water you do not need to tell the Greek Port Police re Tepai, thread here, post 912 onwards
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=tepai

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Med
    Posts
    6,203

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    My understanding from the very helpful Chris Robb that if the boat is out of the water you do not need to tell the Greek Port Police re Tepai, thread here, post 912 onwards
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=tepai
    My heading may been a bit confusing, these people when to just put their boat out of use , so I guess you could say it's nothing to do with the TEPAI but on the other hand before the Tax came in and since I think 2000 you didn't inform the PP your boat was going to be out of use , so it has a connection with the tax .
    before 2000 and I may got the date wrong we had to pay a small fee to the PP to get authorisation to get hauled out .
    Last edited by sailaboutvic; 10-10-19 at 15:11.
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Corfu - mostly
    Posts
    5,366

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    Well, Sailaboutvic, looks like you might have been right.

    On my pontoon in Gouvia marina, which last year was full with 52 private yachts, there are now 10 less. Those I used to know have cited TEPAI: not just that it is horrendously expensive above 12m, but the difficulty of organising payment - they simply don't understand it and no-one will help. (Yes, I referred them to Chris Robb's excellent advice). Some have said they were going to Turkey, others to Italy.

    Is the marina worried? Not a bit of it. For every private yacht that has left, two charter yachts have come in its place. There are now so many here that they have to 'hot-bunk' berths. I'm surrounded by them - a bit nerve-wracking sometimes given the lack of experience of Greek mooring.

    Three weeks ago I chatted to the couple who took the 36 footer in the berth next to mine.

    "Your first-time charter?" "Yes."
    "Done much sailing?" "No, never before."
    "Not even in a dinghy?" "No."
    "'Sailingholidays' not concerned about your inexperience?" "They said it wasn't necessary."

    A flotilla leader came and coached them off their berth. I hope they had a good week.
    Last edited by AndrewB; 11-10-19 at 09:48.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Agios Nikolaos, Crete
    Posts
    6,356

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    Well, Sailaboutvic, looks like you might have been right.

    On my pontoon in Gouvia marina, which last year was full with 52 private yachts, there are now 10 less. Those I used to know have cited TEPAI: not just that it is horrendously expensive above 12m, but the difficulty of organising payment - they simply don't understand it and no-one will help. (Yes, I referred them to Chris Robb's excellent advice). Some have said they were going to Turkey, others to Italy.

    Is the marina worried? Not a bit of it. For every private yacht that has left, two charter yachts have come in its place. There are now so many here that they have to 'hot-bunk' berths. I'm surrounded by them - a bit nerve-wracking sometimes given the lack of experience of Greek mooring.

    Three weeks ago I chatted to the couple who took the 36 footer in the berth next to mine.

    "Your first-time charter?" "Yes."
    "Done much sailing?" "No, never before."
    "Not even in a dinghy?" "No."
    "'Sailingholidays' not concerned about your inexperience?" "They said it wasn't necessary."

    A flotilla leader came and coached them off their berth. I hope they had a good week.
    Agios Nikolaos in Crete is full again and with a waiting list.......
    Mostly harmless....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Corfu - mostly
    Posts
    5,366

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cross View Post
    Agios Nikolaos in Crete is full again and with a waiting list.......
    Yeah, same here in Gouvia, also in Levkas I believe. Hard to get a look in against the demand from the charter fleets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK, Greece and Spain
    Posts
    24,531

    Default Re: Greek TEPAL

    Certainly the Ionian was as busy, maybe even busier than normal this year

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to