Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 20-25 foot fishing boat....

Hi!

Couple of years ago I purchased a Falcon 23SPC but have just sold it with a view to buying a boat more suited to costal fishing. Only thing is I'm finding it hard to find anything that fits the bill.

I'd like a diesel inboard driving a shaft - NO stern drives or outboards
    Planning or semi displacing hull
    20-25' LOA

So far I've spotted ...

Janneau Lamparo's
    Colvic Seaworker 22's but it's got to be the MK2 as it was a semi displacing hull
    Romany 21's but it's got to be the semi displacement hull not the round bilge hull

I do like a lot of the Arvor's and similar but they are all 10K plus and more than I want to spend on something for a fishing trip a few times a month.

Do you know of anything or is there any other makes I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: 20-25 foot fishing boat....

Have you looked at the Channel Island 22? Solid little boat. Also wouldn't rule out the Aquastar 27 even though it's slightly larger than you're looking for.

Either of the above look ideal too, I'll add them to my short list! Thanks for that!

Beneteau Antares 7 - inboard diesel shaft - bullet proof Toyota 3.0 litre engine. 21 Knots flat out but cruises very happily at 12 knots

I think you will need £20k for your vessel requirements then you could look at the smaller rodmans and Faetons.
    Your first boat was a good choice it should be known as the VW of the seas!
    Last edited by stelican; 09-10-19 at 20:55. Reason: addition

Another thought. French Marinas are stuffed full of Peche Promenades which they have been building for at least 20 yrs there must be plenty available in Normandy to suit your budget just need to add a trailer or hire one.

I’ve had a couple of pêche promenades and I can say that they are mated perfectly to outboards, no need for inboards. But if the OP gets a small Arvor with the VW engine, make sure the turbo has been sorted.
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Star View Post
    Have you looked at the Channel Island 22? Solid little boat. Also wouldn't rule out the Aquastar 27 even though it's slightly larger than you're looking for.
    Agree with both those options. I had a CI22 for almost 10 years, great little boat. I also now have a half share in an Aquastar 27 which we use for diving, has a good sized cockpit, a nice wheelhouse and some accommodation below. Unfortunately we hardly ever use her due to owning other boats and gliders so she will be up for sale soon.

The Arvor 230 would be an idea candidate but above your price range. Maybe get one for £20K
    Before i got my Merry Fisher 645 (which is outboard powered) i was adamant i wanted an inboard shaft type fast fisher.
    After 3 years ownership my mind has been changed as to whats important on a small boat, modern outboards are so much cheaper to maintain than an inboard engine (dont ask me why) I can have a good days fishing covering lots of ground for £40 in petrol so not too bad.
    Sorry this doesnt help you much in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Another thought. French Marinas are stuffed full of Peche Promenades which they have been building for at least 20 yrs there must be plenty available in Normandy to suit your budget just need to add a trailer or hire one.
    That thought had crossed my mind, I've got a decent tow vehicle and I can hire a trailer nearby. I've seen a couple of Gib 64's and a Gib 66 advertised that would fit the bill nicely but all have sold already - they just don't seem to take the adverts down.

Thanks for all the replies so far :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast