Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Temporary Overnight Marina Moorings River Thames

Thank you everyone for your recommendations. We now have booked moorings for our three nights and all your help was much appreciated. We are now looking forward to our maiden voyage on The Thames!

Think you might be making a mistake, Harleyford not exactly the best place to spend a winters night, there is nothing to do or anywhere to eat there. You will cruise pass all the great moorings at Cookham, Bourne End, Marlow, Hurley to get to Harleyford! There really is no need to book moorings on the Thames at anytime and certainly not this time of year.

Thanks Chris and I get your point but we are eating out our first and last night and plan to eat aboard the night we are at Harleyford.

When I cruise the Thames, usually for two weeks every year, I never venture into a marina. The most enjoyable part of a Thames cruise is mooring on town moorings, fields, islands etc etc. OK, it might be different out of season, if you are not self-sufficient for heat, but otherwise you are missing the best the Thames has to offer by mooring in marinas IMHO.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafan View Post
    The Bounty opposite but you wont be able to book but at this time of year should be no problem.
    I think the Bounty is open at weekends in winter and is a little unusual to say the least
    Apparently the Bounty changed hands recently.

Thank you CLB. As it’s our first trip on The Thames and the days will be short we thought we would stick to marinas rather than look for moorings that we are unfamiliar with. I am sure we will be hooked by the Thames and want to do it again. We will be more adventurous next time when we will have longer hours of daylight. We will also have passed and looked at all the possible places to moor on this our first trip leaving us places to explore next time. We also liked the idea of being able to connect to electricity and the internet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12