Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targa 47

Post Best outboard Rib for a Targa 47

Does anyone know whether a 310 rib tender will fit into the garage of a Targa 47. I am thinking of getting a Highfield 310 with a 20 hp outboard. I have read that a 325 Williams semi deflated will but would prefer an outboard tender.
    Last edited by Bluejumper; 10-10-19 at 18:09.

Default Re: Best outboard Rib for a Targa 47

You will struggle to fit that in because of the overhang of the outboard.
    We ended up with a AB Lammina 9AL which like the Highfield is aluminium , with a 9.9 Yamaha .
    Being so light we get 19 knots solo and 14 knots two up.
    From memory the measurement from the winch motor to garage door is 3.1 metres , which will just accommodate a Williams 325 with tubes deflated , the boat was designed for the 285. I’m not a fan of jets and prefer simplicity of outboards.
    Cheers
    Tetleys

Quote Originally Posted by tetleys View Post
    You will struggle to fit that in because of the overhang of the outboard.
    We ended up with a AB Lammina 9AL which like the Highfield is aluminium , with a 9.9 Yamaha .
    Being so light we get 19 knots solo and 14 knots two up.
    From memory the measurement from the winch motor to garage door is 3.1 metres , which will just accommodate a Williams 325 with tubes deflated , the boat was designed for the 285. Iím not a fan of jets and prefer simplicity of outboards.
    Cheers
    Tetleys
    Friend has a T47 with 285 - that only fits with party deflated tubes. Not total deflation as most of the time he does not bother to inflate on removal - so squishy!

I would have doubts a 325 would fit having seen the 285 in it. Even it if did inflating a Williams each time even with a large inflation pump ( which I have) would rapidly loose its appeal.

also compared to a normal rib, I feel that the jets are generally much flatter meaning tubes are lower compared to the rib keel/base of the garage.
    Not sure if the normal rib tubes would fit comfortably so high up.

not seen the garage of a T47, just making some observations based on the ribs/jets I've seen

V.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Friend has a T47 with 285 - that only fits with party deflated tubes. Not total deflation as most of the time he does not bother to inflate on removal - so squishy!

I would have doubts a 325 would fit having seen the 285 in it. Even it if did inflating a Williams each time even with a large inflation pump ( which I have) would rapidly loose its appeal.
    It's a bit of an ache, but beats a 270 with a 4hp for fun. We've got a Targa 43 and a Williams 285 'fits' in the garage, albeit fully deflated.

It's about a 10-15 minute process launching, 5-10 minutes to pack away.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmaTarga View Post
    It's a bit of an ache, but beats a 270 with a 4hp for fun. We've got a Targa 43 and a Williams 285 'fits' in the garage, albeit fully deflated.

It's about a 10-15 minute process launching, 5-10 minutes to pack away.
    You need a bigger boat. Man maths. 25 mins a day multiplied by days on board gives you far longer holidays !

You need a bigger boat. Man maths. 25 mins a day multiplied by days on board gives you far longer holidays !
    or you if you're not moving anchorages, just leave the damn thing in the water overnight and save the 25mins

Quicksilver 290 Alu Lightweight in mine fits lovely with a little left over for essentials.

Dont think I would get 310 in??

Sold!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast